Where to get double entry tourist visa in region

Hi, have a British passport and looking to go to preferably to KL or Penang to apply for a double entry tourist visa. I did check the list that is supposed to provide this info but found all entries dated and so hope to get the latest here. In case it makes any difference, I have already had a seven day extension on my now defunct non b visa (Job not materialising as yet) and so wonder if this will have any bearing on my application for a tourist visa for now. Thanks very much.

You can only get 2 entry visas in Laos. Or a longer trip to Bali. No problem getting visa after B.

for now the Thai Embassy in Ventiane is no longer issuing double entry tourist visa and only the single entry is issued as of now.

Is there evidence of this or is the comment based on hearsay /rumor mongering ?

• Like 1

You can only get 2 entry visas in Laos. Or a longer trip to Bali. No problem getting visa after B.

for now the Thai Embassy in Ventiane is no longer issuing double entry tourist visa and only the single entry is issued as of now.

Is there evidence of this or is the comment based on hearsay /rumor mongering  ?
Agree

There would of been reports already if true and there have been none.

Is there evidence of this or is the comment based on hearsay /rumor mongering ?
Agree

There would of been reports already if true and there have been none.

Actually I have read such reports here on TV a month or so ago. I'm not saying it's true, but there have been reports.

I just got back from Vientiane yesterday and did not see multiple entry visa on the form.

I did not enquire though.

My mom went yesterday to the Thai consulate in Amsterdam and applied for a multiple entree visa, she didn't get one as they said that the new police since this year was to give only single visas :( so that was what she got, a single visa only!

What type of visa?

Tourist visas are issued by number of entries.

The police or immigration have nothing to do with visa rules. It is the Ministry of Foreign Affairs that does that.

My mom went yesterday to the Thai consulate in Amsterdam and applied for a multiple entree visa, she didn't get one as they said that the new police since this year was to give only single visas sad.png so that was what she got, a single visa only!

What type of visa?

Tourist visas are issued by number of entries.

The police or immigration have nothing to do with visa rules. It is the Ministry of Foreign Affairs that does that.

Suspect what was meant was "policy" not "police" smile.png

My mom went yesterday to the Thai consulate in Amsterdam and applied for a multiple entree visa, she didn't get one as they said that the new police since this year was to give only single visas sad.png so that was what she got, a single visa only!

This confirms what happened to me.

I just came back from Belgium.

I live here since 15 years and get a double entry tourist visa every year from the Thai Embassy in Brussels (I go back for the summer).

It becomes each year more difficult. This year they also only wanted to give me a single entry tourist visa (that means 3 months max).

I had to show a plane ticket and hotel reservation outside Thailand after the first 3 months to get the double entry (max 6 months) + a plane ticket and reservation after the 6 months.

They make it more and more difficult.

After this, I go to Kuala Lumpur to get a single entry tourist visa for the next 3 months. I do that every year.

On the website of the Thai Embassy in Kuala Lumpur, they say they have a double entry tourist visa, but I checked once when I was there and they told me I could get only a single entry visa....

I really do not understand why they make it more and more difficult to get a visa. Ok, I am entitled to get the retirement visa, so I think this is whar I'll do next time. In fact I kept using tourist visas because I like to travel but I am soooooooooo lazy. If I get the retirement visa, I konw myself, I 'll not move at all any more....

• Like 1

This confirms what happened to me.

I just came back from Belgium.

I live here since 15 years and get a double entry tourist visa every year from the Thai Embassy in Brussels (I go back for the summer).

It becomes each year more difficult. This year they also only wanted to give me a single entry tourist visa (that means 3 months max).

I had to show a plane ticket and hotel reservation outside Thailand after the first 3 months to get the double entry (max 6 months) + a plane ticket and reservation after the 6 months.

They make it more and more difficult.

After this, I go to Kuala Lumpur to get a single entry tourist visa for the next 3 months. I do that every year.

On the website of the Thai Embassy in Kuala Lumpur, they say they have a double entry tourist visa, but I checked once when I was there and they told me I could get only a single entry visa....

I really do not understand why they make it more and more difficult to get a visa. Ok, I am entitled to get the retirement visa, so I think this is whar I'll do next time. In fact I kept using tourist visas because I like to travel but I am soooooooooo lazy. If I get the retirement visa, I konw myself, I 'll not move at all any more....

This is the same story what they told her, she needed to show evidence that she would go to another country. And like you wrote, this had to be a flight ticket with confirmed dates and a hotel booking.

Btw this was also the first time that she applied for a double entree tourist visa, she comes only once every year on a holiday to Thailand for a few weeks as a tourist, so not a passport that is full with stamps or so.

I really don't understand this as for last week they announced that they want to have more tourist coming over to spend their holiday money in Thailand, but it seems that even if you want to do that you have to hurry :(

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry to hear that! I got a 1-year multiple-entry non-O in Amsterdam June 2012 and they were so easy and relaxed about it. Very disappointing that this has already changed.