Overcrowded classrooms in Isaan affecting education, report shows

webfact

My daughter is 50-50.

I can't afford an international school.

She is home schooled with another child by a Filipino.

The results are out standing.

I know one lady who took 3 kids out of the Regents school because she was disappointed with the results.

Now she's happy.

Its the future.

I feel there will soon be ''private'' schools offering class's of 6-15 children.

It may be the only way or leave.

Yes, it's certainly reassuring to know that it took a survey to realise this fact. I thought it was merely common sense, but apparently they do not teach that subject in schools here. I have been teaching here for 9 years, and i could have told them that after the first day.

Survays are more lucrative than common sense.

Yes, it's certainly reassuring to know that it took a survey to realise this fact. I thought it was merely common sense, but apparently they do not teach that subject in schools here. I have been teaching here for 9 years, and i could have told them that after the first day. As many of you will say..........it won't change...........it never does. Ten years from now someone will do another survey and come to the same amazing conclusion. And sadly enough, it is all about money, not education. The kids in M1 you have a chance with, but as they get older the system takes the want to learn out of them. Absenteeism is never punished, and it is always the Farang teacher who is invariably in the wrong. It's not about education, it's about entertainment. The number of times i have heard " He is too serious" if you try to get the kids to actually learn something.

no more than 30!

I am also a qualified English teacher but went down the private route. Same thing no fun teacher bad, try to teach and too serious. I do manage to get a balance for some if not all but when we play games it is always, always games to learn English but most seem to go down well.

Sad mentality though, how will they cope with the ASEAN competition.

Agree totally with you.

I find it surprising that studies are still showing this. It would be like a news report stating that clean air with less pollutants is better for your health. It is obvious that student to teacher ratio affects learning.

Although it is common knowledge for most teachers that fewer students allows for more interaction and the ability to create more student centered projects. However the size of the actual classroom is just as important as the number of students. A classroom that has ample room with desks arranged to faciiliate group work and a more free flow style is more important. 40+ students in a very large room that allows them plenty of space and ability to move around and engage each other is still better than 20 students in a clasroom that was built for 10 with desks in straight rows and students banging elbows all the time.

Developing better classroom management skills, project based learning assessments, and having space for students to engage the material and practice without just sitting in a lecture room writing down every boring word that is preeched at them.