Nightmare On Wireless Rd

Thanks for your help guys,

As I said in my previous posts, I am now going the spousal immigrant route, and the process should take about 9 months. Her interview will eventually be in Manila, as that is where we were married.

Rick

As an american I know how you feel. Some things you have to understand however.

First of all, if you persevere you will get through it.

Secondly, try to understand that the people at the visa aplication have heard every sob story, half-a** excuse, boldfaced lie, or whatever else you can imagine from applicants. They are tired of them all. That is not an excuse for them being rude, but it is a true fact that you have to understand.

Thirdly, the interview (I think that's what you meant) is for the judging the applicant, not for his/her connections. I know you may have a perfectly valid and innocent reason for supporting your fiancee, but that isn't always the case. That is why they want the applicant at the interview and no one else. And yes, the seemingly "best qualified" sponsors will lie about their reasons.

Now, having said all this, you do have the right to request a review if you think the procedure unfair or the people are rude to you or her. They WON'T like that if you ask them, but if you politely ask them or make a polite complaint about their actions, they have to listen. If you feel they are being unfair or rude, you can ask to speak to the consulate. That may or may not be a good idea.

Best I can say is; clench your teeth and try to stay calm to get through the process.

Good luck.