Re-entry permit for single-entry non-O

I'm getting a new visa in Yangon at the end of the month. Been in communication with the officer there, who is quite responsive. She confirmed that while they do have double and triple tourist visas available, you must show air tickets indicating all those entries are coming up within the valid period of the visa.

Since I'll be returning via land and don't know exactly when my next departure is, the officer suggested I get the single-entry non-immigrant O (I have a letter from my organization) instead, and get a re-entry permit when I'm ready to leave again.

So I just want to make sure I understand the timing.

Just as an example, let's say I enter Thailand on November 1st, my duration of stay is approximately until January 30th.

If I want to leave for a trip in December and get the re-entry permit beforehand, then upon my return to Thailand, do I still only have until January 30th to stay in the country? Or do I start a new 90 days when I arrive?

If I DO get a new 90 days whenever I enter, then let's say I want to leave again in February, can I just get another re-entry permit? Or is there a limit on the validity of the visa I'll be getting in October?

This is a little new to me because I've had two 1-year multiple-entry visas before this.

I am probably leaving Thailand permanently by the end of April. I'm just wondering what's the most cost-efficient visa method to last that long while fitting in a Christmas/New Year's trip, a late-February trip, and a Songkran trip. If what I've said above doesn't work I can consider getting multiple tourist visas on the next two trips instead.