one of the most horrific things I've ever seen

Asiantravel

This is one of the most horrific things I've ever seen and read about. I hope sincerely with so many Russians in Thailand this epidemic doesn't spread here. Surely when people voluntarily do this we have had the end of the road as a society

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/europe/has-krokodil--the-horrific-street-drug-that-rots-the-flesh-of-addicts--made-the-switch-from-russia-to-the-us-8844314.html

The response will be that this is a good way to get rid of addicts just as the occurrence of Aids was thought to be a good way to get rid of 'deviants'.

I have talked to a few addicts and I can assure that feeding your addiction is not a matter of choice.

I have been waiting for some kind of news like this for nearly 3 or so years. I saw a doco on this garbage back then. Krocodil really ain't the issue it's what it's taking the place of is the problem. Heroin is a scurge of a drug yes there is a choice the 1st time after that people get hooked so fast it's just unbelievable. Simply govt's have to start legal programs where the drug is properly substituted like a lot of country's are doing now. If not this is a reality that everyone will see.

• Like 2

There are some "addicts" I have genuine sympathy for . These are people who have found themselves "addicted" as the direct result of poor medical advise/prescription.

All others, without exception are, -(or were), willing volunteers

I have 2 very very good mates that have fought the devil heroin is for about 15 years. The first time yes they "volunteered" as u put it what came after that u have to see with your own eyes it just was a massive downhill plummet!!

It is not an "epidemic" it is a choice !

It will not affect anyone who does not choose to indulge .

I don't think it's that simple. People may choose to try some drugs in the first place. But then there is addiction and some people appear to be wired to become addicted more easily than others, especially to highly addictive drugs in the first place, and yes that definitely includes alcohol which kills more people globally than any other drug.

Edited by Jingthing
  • Like 2

It is not an "epidemic" it is a choice !

It will not affect anyone who does not choose to indulge .

I don't think it's that simple. People may choose to try some drugs in the first place. But then there is addiction and some people appear to be wired to become addicted more easily than others, especially to highly addictive drugs in the first place, and yes that definitely includes alcohol which kills more people globally than any other drug.

I would not contradict anything you say !

If individuals choose to "try" then they must accept the potential consequences.

You could "try" jumping off a cliff on the basis that some survive such experiences , unfortunately most do not.

Many years ago I was a university student.

Some of my peers believed that "experimenting" with drugs was a smart and clever occupation.

Those of us that thought otherwise were ridiculed.

We were not the ones who failed to obtain good degrees

The smart and clever condemned themselves.

There are very few who can combine a successful career with substance abuse.

It is a choice

Many years ago I was a university student.

Some of my peers believed that "experimenting" with drugs was a smart and clever occupation.

Those of us that thought otherwise were ridiculed.

We were not the ones who failed to obtain good degrees

The smart and clever condemned themselves.

There are very few who can combine a successful career with substance abuse.

It is a choice

I've known an awful lot of drunks that have done very well for themselves. Same goes for folks doing blow or that are stoners. Either a person can balance that aspect of their life or they can't. Doesn't matter what the poison is.

Anyone that would knowingly do a drug that will rot the skin off their body and kill them within 2 years deserves what they get. Darwinism at it's best.

Edited by Loptr

Most everyone tries some booze. Some people are wired to become addicted. So everyone who tries booze is reckless then? I don't think so.

Again it is a choice !

I am sure most "try" some booze.

The signs associated with abusing alcohol are clear to the individual, friends and family.

Continuing to abuse alcohol , to reject the advise of friends, family and in many cases profession assistance is a personal choice .

Most everyone tries some booze. Some people are wired to become addicted. So everyone who tries booze is reckless then? I don't think so.

You are on a total diff page. Need to educate ya self on what actually happens to the human brain when one drinks alcohol or one does smack!! My father was a alcoholic and 2 of my best mates got hooked to smack if i had to choose between the 2 I know which one i would wish trust me

• Like 1

The response will be that this is a good way to get rid of addicts just as the occurrence of Aids was thought to be a good way to get rid of 'deviants'.

I have talked to a few addicts and I can assure that feeding your addiction is not a matter of choice.

I don't care about addicts, but I'm sure this drug gets rid of more criminals than the police does.

Alcohol damages the brain, liver and pancreas.

Evidence exists which suggests excess "pot" use increases the risk of developing psychotic disease.

Injecting "substances" exposes users to the risks of blood born infections ,septicemia, overdose,thrombosis, cellulitis and necrotizing fasciitis ( to name a few of the problems)

Cocaine use exposes individuals to the risk of sudden cardiac death .

Many "designer" drugs expose users to hyperthermia , dehydration and death !

The OP contends that the tabloid type article referred to equates to the most "horrific" thing read about !

Believe me there are indeed worse !

NB

All the above can be reliably referenced and to be honest I have no inclination to dig up the references.

It is late now and I am tired but a quick google search will inform if there is doubt about what I say

Edited by Sceptict11

I agree its a choice, but only for some. Science has proven that we are hard wired. Some people can walk away from it, some people cannot. It's in our DNA. Alcohol, cigarettes, cocaine, meth, caffeine, etc. Drugs are drugs.

Complete and utter twaddle.

Drugs are physically addictive. It has nothing to do with genetics, and people are not heard wired. Peoples personalities can vary for thousands of reasons.

The ability to not become or get over addiction is down to personality and circumstance and nothing to do with a genetic predisposition that cannot ever be overcome.

It's not easy and some will claim to find it easier than others, but that has nothing to do with being hard wired. Overcoming addiction is possible and achievable for everyone.

I agree its a choice, but only for some. Science has proven that we are hard wired. Some people can walk away from it, some people cannot. It's in our DNA. Alcohol, cigarettes, cocaine, meth, caffeine, etc. Drugs are drugs.

Drugs are physically addictive. It has nothing to do with genetics, and people are not heard wired. Peoples personalities can vary for thousands of reasons.

The ability to not become or get over addiction is down to personality and circumstance and nothing to do with a genetic predisposition that cannot ever be overcome.

It's not easy and some will claim to find it easier than others, but that has nothing to do with being hard wired. Overcoming addiction is possible and achievable for everyone.

Not an intelligent comment.

Nice to know better than what scientific experiments have shown. Climate change is a load of twaddle also, as is the theory of evolution.

Nice to know better than what scientific experiments have shown. Climate change is a load of twaddle also, as is the theory of evolution.

Ha ga ha yeah some man with a beard waved his hands around and boom there it all was. If that was the case wouldn't be a eve be 2 Adams that's been proven over over. Do a search on dopamine then where i am coming from finally might be clearer ;)

Ha ga ha yeah some man with a beard waved his hands around and boom there it all was. If that was the case wouldn't be a eve be 2 Adams that's been proven over over. Do a search on dopamine then where i am coming from finally might be clearer wink.png

You didn't do science at school, did you? When you say waved his hands around you mean that you are not capable of reading a scientific paper and don't accept its conclusions. Like most people on Thaivisa apparently.

This could actually be a good thing.

My kids will not eat chicken nuggets anymore after watching Jamie Olivers vid on how they make them.

So getting them to view these pics might be a grand idea.

And anyone as mentioned before, that uses this willingly knowing they have 2 years to live...then it is a good thing as they will not be around to breed.

addicts,it's a choice for them, but a nuisance for others (burglary, robbery, and other crimes to fuel their disguesting habits)

if you know one, ask them to use IBOGAINE...

fix a lot of them up .... if they want to

Inbogaine is truly the miracle alot of people need!! Truly amazing