What's your favorite private/public hospital with reasonable price and good medical treatment level?

jiangaq

Only one I have any experience with (for my daughter as a short term in patient a few years back) is Klaimor (2 doors down from Tesco Lotus near Airport Plaza) - which I found very professional, clean and much better than I ever got in the UK (including very, very expensive private clinics I used there). We were covered by insurance, but all in all was just 4k and some change (we paid nothing of it, but got the receipt)

This is a rat maze of rooms and departments. Very old and not clean looking. My time there for an infection a doctor gave me penicillin which he never bothered to ask if I was allergic to. If I had know it was an antibiotic I would have asked if it was penicillin. Careless doctoring.

Complete opposite to our experience - maybe a different ward???

I would be interested to know if anybody has made price comparisons for medication between Ram, Rajawej, Lanna, & Sriphat.

I once found Ram be more than double the 'local' price, and asked to return the unopened prescription for a refund. They rather red-facedly agreed.

I therefore always decline medication from Ram as their charges are clearly way beyond what is reasonable and ethical. I therefore ask the doctor for the name of the drug, and buy from my local pharmacy - no physician at Ram has ever objected to this, and I usually just get a knowing nod.

It might also be interesting to compare those 'add-on' (i.e. rip-off) charges for 'Administration' or 'Nursing Charges' which many hospitals add to the final account.

This should not be allowed.

If you bought something from a department store, and they tried to charge you for the service, or the paperwork, you would laugh your head off.

You would not be able to return a prescription in advanced countries once you have paid for it and left the counter. Tampering is the reason.

No offense made but I am really having a tough time calling a country advanced where you have to worry about your medicine being tampered with in a hospital.