Makro going downhill?

It seems to me when many things are out of stock they never seem to be replaced. I have been told the place is under a new manager and there have been complaints. I realize TIT but some things should be replaced almost at once as it is all supposed to be computerized ant that's what bar codes are for. I have a friend in Hat Yai who checks her Makro for something I'm missing here and it always seems to be available there

Just my 2 cents.

It's the same at Tesco and Big C... it takes months sometimes, to restock.... many shelves filled with "junk food" to fill the spaces.... and they move some stuff around to odd places ...facepalm.gif

The "international food" sections are just about bare.... not that some of the choices are that good....bah.gifsad.png

No Tata tea at Makro... for a while now w00t.gif .....

But to give Tesco some credit, they have been better of keeping their dark chocolate in stock this year! thumbsup.gifsmile.png..... but no Vintage cheese for a while!.... at least in Chawang.... sad.png

I suppose once high season starts up, we'll see some of the shelves replenished...?....whistling.gif

Makro in Chiang Rai sucks. They are always out of things that you need to buy. However, Makro Hang Dong in Chiang Mai is the best I have seen and never out of what I want to buy.

This is simply poor management on the local level to allow this to happen. I think that CP will clean out the management and things will change. Previously Makro was owned by a farang company and some of the management felt that they could get by with doing little.

We do live on an island be grateful 10 years ago there was nothing to be had which in a way was good as we just accepted it and got on with our lives. I can never understand those who want everything to hand and come and live on an island dare I suggest move to Bangkok wher I am sure you will get all you need including smog more smog and even more smog !!!!!!!!!!

• Like 2

Question please?

Do I or do I not need membership there?

If so, what can it do for me?

You do not need one to purchase goods - the only thing that a card gives you is a tax invoice for your business.

You just have to say NO HAB card ....tongue.pngbiggrin.png

But with the card you get their monthly flyer in the mail ... thumbsup.gif ....rolleyes.gif

I was actually under the impression you did need one !..... Guess I can get rid of one card in my wallet! I might check first...whistling.gif

Question please?

Do I or do I not need membership there?

If so, what can it do for me?

without a membership card the cashier cannot check out the goods, either get a card membership or go to customer service and ask for "saa ma chic chor cow". Basically short time membership and you will get a temporary membership for that shopping trip.

started going down hill after the English manager John left, as did the one in Pattaya he ran when that opened.

Still beats going around Leam Din market in rain season in inches of mud or buying meat covered in flies in the summer time.

Thank you for your replies.

I asked for a day pass and the wrote on a piece of nonsense note paper:

If all those numbers were to be read with Cantonese tones, it would be a really really bad meaning. whistling.gif