Suvarnabhumi unveils new restrooms, celebrates 7th anniversary

webfact

Suvarnabhumi unveils new restrooms, celebrates 7th anniversary

BANGKOK, 30 September 2013 (NNT) – Suvanrnabhumi International Airport, on its 7th birthday anniversary, introduced newly-opened restrooms, with an aim to make Suvanrnabhumi a 5-star airport.

Raweewan Netarakavesana, Director of Suvanrnabhumi International Airport, said the Airports of Thailand (AOT) had always placed emphasis on restroom service, as it was one of the most important elements of a service business.

She said 124 restrooms in the airport had been renovated with cleanliness and sanitation in mind, in line with the “HAS” standard, which stands for healthy, accessibility, and safety.

She further revealed that Suvanrnabhumi last year received “Best Toilet Award 2012” given by the Public Health Ministry.

On the special occasion of the airport’s 7th anniversary, Suvanrnabhumi has built 7 more restrooms, 4 of which have been opened to the public since March this year. The 7 newly-opened restrooms have been created under the theme of "7 wonders of Thailand”.

According to the director, the restrooms are getting a lot of attention in the media and social network. The 7 wonders are in separate locations in the terminal.

nntlogo.jpg
-- NNT 2013-09-30 footer_n.gif

“Best Toilet Award 2012” given by the Public Health Ministry ?

I might had used the toilet on the bad days then ..... I dont think you got 5 stars just with the toilet .... coffee1.gif wouldnt be so much easier to send some "spies" in the best airport around and see what can be improved in Bangkok ?

“Best Toilet Award 2012” given by the Public Health Ministry ?

I might had used the toilet on the bad days then ..... I dont think you got 5 stars just with the toilet .... coffee1.gif wouldnt be so much easier to send some "spies" in the best airport around and see what can be improved in Bangkok.

Spy on toilets? Sounds very naughty to me...

I used one of those new loos last week, better than the loos in Singapore! Hope they continue to fix the airport.

When it first opened, they had those open concept restaurants with a variety of quite good food in the departure halls. Seemed to be less and less variety as time went by and then it just regressed to a few kinds of noodles and some bad sandwhiches. Started out well though.

This is indeed a momentous day for Thailand: new toilets at the airport. I expect the govt will place this high on their list of achievements.

In honour of the new loo's, I shall do an momentous no.2 when I pass through tomorrow.

• Like 1

Considering the toilets in Thailand, any toilet that has the occasional tourist in them, tend to be cleaner.

The rest just wreak of piss, have no toilet paper and you need a small bucket to wipe your ass.... One day I know I will spot the "3 seashells"

As for the award... I would guess it didnt depend on the toilet as much as the fringe benefits that came with the vote. The toilets at the airport where nothing to brag about before and if its the best back in 2012, then I feel sorry for Thailand to have to vote for the best of the worst as it doesnt actually have a "real best".

I was just through SWAMPY today. Some banner up about 3th best in the world. I assume they are counting from the bottom up. It is terrible in more ways than I care to count

Edited by rotary

She further revealed that Suvanrnabhumi last year received “Best Toilet Award 2012” given by the Public Health Ministry.

Presumably Suvarnabhumi received the "best toilet award" in reference to its toilets, not the fact that the airport is a toilet.

• Like 1

Stop complaining. At last there's somewhere comfortable to sit down at Swampy. smile.png

But you're assuming they installed western style commodes...wouldn't surprise me if they installed squat toilets...and put a donation box at the door entrance.

Just just can't satisfy everyone. There are either not enough toilets or too many with too much publicity. Many of the jokers will likewise appreciate the new toilets when nature calls. Or, perhaps they recycle their waste and don't use the WC like us mortal beings.

"I'm not happy unless I'm complaining".

Edited by Benmart
  • Like 1

Rest room = room where you can rest.

This article seems to be about toilets, which are called..... toilets.

For a real rest room, check out Incheon Airport in Seoul. A floor of rather nice comfortable sleeping chairs in very quiet surroundings. Ideal for whiling away a few hours between flights.

There again, Incheon really is in the top 3 airports (with Changi in SIngapore and Hong Kong).

http://www.airlinequality.com/AirportRanking/5-Star.htm

Suvarnabhumi makes it as a 3 star airport, Dom Muang is unrated.

But what about some showers (without having to pay an exhorbitant fee. Any decent international airport has such facilities these days. I was forgiving of Don Mueang - but a brand new "world class" airport????. What about some power outlets for electric shavers?? Swampy, as we all know, is long on talk but VERY short on accessible facilities.

• Like 1

I reckon Swampy is a great airport. Been through there dozens of times without a problem. The toilets have always been clean. Half the time there is a cleaning lady working away inside while I've been taking a p*ss. For Bt1500 you can use the VIP express service to get you through customs etc. if you are so inclined. Some people just like to whine ....

I reckon Swampy is a great airport. Been through there dozens of times without a problem. The toilets have always been clean. Half the time there is a cleaning lady working away inside while I've been taking a p*ss. For Bt1500 you can use the VIP express service to get you through customs etc. if you are so inclined. Some people just like to whine ....

Its not a bad airport but having clean toilets and an expensive fast track to circumvent the often slow exit procedure does not make it great.

Try finding somewhere to sleep while on a lay over.

Try finding a clean and pleasant smoking room

Try finding somewhere quiet

Try finding free showers

Try finding somewhere to charge a phone

Try getting free speedy unlimited time internet access throughout the airport

Great airports have all the above. Suvarnabhumi does not.

On a positive note, the airport link train is excellent, even though it doesn't actually link the two airports...

• Like 2