Pattaya Beach "disappears" in places after heavy rainfall!

webfact

Pattaya Beach "disappears" in places after heavy rainfall!

rain-8.jpg

PATTAYA: -- Sections of Pattaya Beach have disappeared following the heavy rainfall on Monday Night.
After 2 hours of sustained and heavy rainfall, much of Pattaya experienced flash floods with water depths of up-to 1 meter in places.

On Tuesday Morning Pattaya City officials toured the city to survey the damage caused by the rains and found that sections of Pattaya Beach, especially the Northern end of the Beach had been swept into the ocean as the rainwater flowed down to the beach taking sections of the beach with it.

rain-4.jpg

Concrete walls and drainage channels had been destroyed and sections of the beach had disappeared after the sand, some of which had recently been placed there to artificially build-up the heavily eroded sections of beach, had been lost to the sea.

Full story: http://www.pattayaone.net/pattaya-news/104451/pattaya-beach-disappears-places-heavy-rainfall/

pattaya-one.jpg
-- Pattaya One 2013-10-02

• Like 2

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

But now they can put out contracts to rip up the road (again) and install the drains, which will of course get plugged full of garbage within days and be next to useless the next time it rains any ways, which will require more contracts to be let to clean/renovate/upgrade those drains, which will require the road to be ripped up (again) and so it goes on and on and on.

A very credible prophesy. I too expect history to repeat itself. I'd hire a gang of utang-orangs before using the idiots that desecrated the lower half of Pattaya Tai.

But now they can put out contracts to rip up the road (again) and install the drains, which will of course get plugged full of garbage within days and be next to useless the next time it rains any ways, which will require more contracts to be let to clean/renovate/upgrade those drains, which will require the road to be ripped up (again) and so it goes on and on and on.

The world has enough problems without you adding your negative comments. .

Yeah. Good idea. Bury your head in the sand. Oops, there isn't any.

With parts of Pattaya under water yet again the Chinese tourists will be quite at home.

• Like 2

KerryD wrote "But now they can put out contracts to rip up the road (again) and install the drains, which will of course get plugged full of garbage within days and be next to useless the next time it rains any ways, which will require more contracts to be let to clean/renovate/upgrade those drains, which will require the road to be ripped up (again) and so it goes on and on and on."

and some see it as a negative post? I beg to differ. Think of the employment opportunities. If you do a job right the first time, then what you going to do? You'd be out of a job. Here the motto is "If it ain't broke, break it!"

And the guy that's been here ten times, saying "I trust they're doing what they can". I agree. But they can't do much outside of figuring how to skim money.

• Like 1

Climate Change Threatens Coconut Bar
Thousands of displaced working girls and pick pocket lady boys have been forced to flea after rains devastated their usual place of work.
Scientists suspect also that rising sea levels have amplified the problem.
"We're sending a team of our best environmental scientists now who will complete a report of the incident. Our focus will be on the Soi 6 area where the devastation has been particulary brutal."

Flea, huh? Infestations are clearly rampant of more than one type of pest!

Pattaya is the greatest city in Thailand, if not the entire world. Every resource available needs to be devoted to an immediate restoration of this paradise on Earth.

Your kidding right?

Sorry to be a grammar <deleted> but ... it's 'you're' kidding (as in 'you are') ... wai2.gif

• Like 2

looking at the broken wall, me thinks someone may have watered down the concrete mix just a wee bit. Of course, if that happened, I'm sure it was just an honest mistake, and nothing to do with taking 30% off the top and skimping on the proper materials to make up the difference.

whistling.gif

No surprise. In August they were just finishing up the brick-path rebuild. And by "rebuild" I mean just bricks laid on loosely packed, brown sand. Three of us were walking up it saying, "Just wait till the next big rain."

On the bright side, this kind of crap construction creates continual employment in Pattaya. This gives a bit of extra money to Somchai (and , as always, to the local dirty politicians who take a cut of contracts).

Edited by MarkCyr