Singapore or Penang for ED visa?

Hi guys,

I am in the process of applying for the ED visa. The plan is to ask for a 90 day Single ED visa outside of Thailand.

I am hearing different reports so i though I'll ask the experts here in the forum.

Has anyone had any problems/got refused getting the ED visa (single, 90 days) in Singapore or Penang?

Which one would you guys recommend I go to?

Thanks!

Any nearby embassy or consulate is a good location as long as you have the correct paperwork.

I don't consider Singapore as nearby nor recommend it for any visa.

Why do you not recommend Singapore? Because there are more affordable options nearby or because they don't hand out visas easily?

SG is on my list of places to go for a tourist visa simply because I've been there before (know the area, know friends).

Thanks!

Because they can be unfriendly and are inconsistent in their decisions about issuing visas. It would not be on my list for tourist visas because they don't do 2 entry visas.

Edited by ubonjoe
  • Like 1

Actually Singapore can be a problem for non immigrant visa issue unless a citizen or resident from many reports here. If you are there by all means try and expect you may get - but there are better choices if making a trip just to obtain such a visa.