Tourist Visa

Hi

Hope you can clarify some info for me. I'm a bit confused about tourists visas. I'm going to Thailand on March 1 and I have a double entry 60-day visa for Thailand. My visa expires on August 11. I need to know if I can stay in the country for 90 days (30 automatic and 60 day visa) before I reenter the country again or do I only have 60 days to stay before I can reenter . Thank you for your assistance.

fuufuu,

The August 11 date means you have to use your second visa before that date.

There is much information on this site about this but this is the way it works,

Arrive Thailand they will give you 60 days on arrival.

A few days before your 60 days are up you can go to the nearest immigration office to your location and get a 30 day extension (At the descretion of the immigration officer)

Before your 30 day extension is up you have to leave Thailand and return to get your second entry which will give you another 60 days. You must leave Thailand before your 60+30 days runs out and you must return before 11th August to get your second entry before it expires.

After another 60 days you can get another 30 day extension then you will need a new visa if you intend staying longer than that.

Try searching the forum for 'border run', '30 day extension' and 'visa run' for a wealth of information.

Hope this helps

Simon.