Nigerian man caught at Survanabhumi with THB2 million of cocaine in stomach

webfact

Nigerian man caught with THB2 million of cocaine in stomach
By Coconuts Bangkok

5586719358_702e57e273_z.jpg?itok=4ebrok_
Photo: Flickr user Tanjila

BANGKOK: -- Police on Friday arrested a Nigerian man at Suvarnabhumi Airport after an x-ray revealed he had 495 grammes of cocaine, worth about THB2 million in his stomach.

Paisarn Chuenjit, chief of the Customs Department’s investigative division, said Mamadou Dioulde Diallo, 30, had flown from Ethiopia to Thailand. He was asked to go through security checks because officials thought he was acting suspiciously.

Investigators said Diallo told them that he played for a football club in Nigeria. He agreed to smuggle drugs for a Nigerian businessman because his mother is sick and his profession does not pay well enough.

Full story: http://bangkok.coconuts.co/2013/10/03/nigerian-man-caught-thb2-million-cocaine-stomach

cocon.jpg
-- Coconuts Bangkok 2013-10-03

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, I know I am asking for trouble but here goes anyway.

Sometimes I think of how much money and time is spent trying to arrest drug traffickers. Then I think of all the money and time in court/lawyer fees, prison meals, extra guards etc that needs to be spent. After all of this most of the people that are even caught are the mules so locking them up doesnt solve anything and means almost nothing. The "businessmen" are almost never caught in any country. Mean while the BIB are keeping supply low which artificially pushes prices higher. Drug addicts then must commit crimes to buy these expensive drugs.

Is all this really worth it? Is there not a better way?

I dont condone drug use, it is a very serious issue but i cant stop wondering.....

The war on drugs is a joke. there have been recent articles showing that prices have been steadily dropping while purity has been increasing, a clear sign that the supply chain is functioning better then ever and the war is being lost.

Alcohol and prescription pills cause far more misery and death then do the illicit drugs. I don't know what the answer is but clearly what ever is being done now is not working.

Difficult for sure ..... But you have to stop and think why some countries don't have much if a problem. Singapore I believe has it under control and the Saudis provide a fast solution to cutting the head off the snake quickly.

The arrest will definitely give him some stomach ache in the truest sense of the word!clap2.gif There are still idiots around thinking they can trick authorities. .Everyone from an african country entering the kingdom is under surveillance now. Did I see this arrogance and ignorance somewhere before?whistling.gif

Time to legalise drugs worldwide. Take the crime out of it. Anyone who wants them or craves them can get them anywhere and any time, so why not make them available in pharmacies/regulated outlets? How much money is wasted on fighting the war on drugs annually? And how much money to drug lords/cartels make yearly? That is the real crime.

Having said that, until it is legalized, I would shoot/string up every manufacturer, grower, or pusher of drugs - no questions asked. And there would be no amnesty after legalization for all of those who currently live off the proceeds of drugs.

• Like 1

I thought it was supposed to go up your nose, not into your stomach. Good work immigration. Another nail in the coffin of this deadly scourge of illicit drugs. Less misery and pain all round. Arrest everyone involved and if they are guilty, lock em up for a long long time.

I'm not advocating heroin use, but neither do I advocate criminalizing everyone who uses a recreational drug other than alcohol.

poster says: "....deadly scourge of illicit drugs. Less misery and pain all round."

Fact #1: much more misery and pain caused by alcohol ww, than by all illegal drugs combined.

Fact #2: more harm and deaths caused by pharma drugs than all illegal drugs combined. (Discovery magazine)

I think pharma is more harmful overall than alcohol, but am not sure. What's sure is; illegal recreational drugs are behind either/both of them.

• Like 1

Another nail in the coffin of this deadly scourge of illicit drugs. <more banality deleted>

I got news for you, the coffin is wide open, and the corpse is walking around, doing since some 50 years.

Sometimes I think of how much money and time is spent trying to arrest drug traffickers. Then I think of all the money and time in court/lawyer fees, prison meals, extra guards etc that needs to be spent. After all of this most of the people that are even caught are the mules so locking them up doesnt solve anything and means almost nothing. The "businessmen" are almost never caught in any country. Mean while the BIB are keeping supply low which artificially pushes prices higher. Drug addicts then must commit crimes to buy these expensive drugs.

I dont condone drug use, it is a very serious issue but i cant stop wondering.....

The war on drugs is a joke. there have been recent articles showing that prices have been steadily dropping while purity has been increasing, a clear sign that the supply chain is functioning better then ever and the war is being lost.

Alcohol and prescription pills cause far more misery and death then do the illicit drugs. I don't know what the answer is but clearly what ever is being done now is not working.

Check again.

The teens driving crazy and looking crazy are not on alcool and prescription drugs.

Ya baah will fry a teen's brain way before alcool or prescription drugs. Cocaine and derivatives alter the mind.

That is where the danger lies for the vulnerable teens.

I thought it was supposed to go up your nose, not into your stomach.

Good work immigration. Another nail in the coffin of this deadly scourge of illicit drugs. Less misery and pain all round. Arrest everyone involved and if they are guilty, lock em up for a long long time.

pfffft i bet your no angel probly one of those perverted ex-copper sods thailand seems to attract.

Those of us who have not noticed; ahem . . smile.png take note.

Most governments, who set and make up the law, are made up of professionals who have studied the law. Or lawyers.

These lawyers have for years been creating business for themselves, day after day, law after law, regulation after regulation, year after year and so it goes. . . . on and on . . . .

There is nothing moral or sensible about it. It is business.

In the country I have spent most of my life, reputed to be one of the world's "great" democracies, it is now reaching the point where it is transgressing individual's common law rights.

Like they say.

The law is an ass.

• Like 2

I'm with most on this issue as the war on drugs is a joke. Leave people alone and let them have their freedoms to live as they wish.

Terence McKenna once said "If the words "life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness' don't include the right to experiment with your own consciousness, then the Declaration of Independence isn't worth the hemp it was written on".

You ask me whether I condone the use of any medication for recreational purposes or substance legal or not, I will not confirm or deny as I deem that to be irrelevant. closedeyes.gif

Unless someone is putting another person in danger or harms way it is only then IMO that the government should step in, otherwise leave people alone.

I am YeaBiGgiEs and I have spoken on this day!

• Like 2