Retirement extension v Marriage extension

I am currently on a multi 'O' retirement visa which expires in June 2014. I will be marrying a Thai later this month. My question is, should I apply for a 'retirement extension' or a 'marriage extension' when I come to apply in 2014?

I have 800,000 in a Thai bank and also jointly own a condo with a 'yellow' book in my name.

Answers appreciated.

Is there any advantage in having a Non I. O visa based on Marriage over the retirement option? Apart from needing less money in the bank or 40k. baht per month the Marriage option is such a hassle and requires a forest of paperwork, photographs of family and more recently statements from both parties that the marriage is subsisting/ genuine.

I am on a retirement extension, clearly stamped in my passport and have had 4 work permits issued by three different provincial labour offices. When I applied for my first extension I clearly stated I wanted an extension based on marriage, I was given one bassed on retirement. I complained to the Immigration officer saying I wanted to be able to get a work permit. She said no problem, I didn't believe her, but she was right it turned out to be no problem.

Sent from my i-mobile IQ 6 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

I am on a retirement extension, clearly stamped in my passport and have had 4 work permits issued by three different provincial labour offices. When I applied for my first extension I clearly stated I wanted an extension based on marriage, I was given one bassed on retirement. I complained to the Immigration officer saying I wanted to be able to get a work permit. She said no problem, I didn't believe her, but she was right it turned out to be no problem.

That would depend on the labour office. Some members do not have a problem, but 95 to 99% of the people in your situation have.

That was up here in Isaan probably. It wouldn't be done in Bangkok and other paces.

No my wife did not go with me, I always go by myself. The only time my wife went with me, was when I applied for the extension based on marriage, which they gave me one based on retirement instead. However immigration do know I'm married, but when I was working immigration never asked, and I never told them.