More man-made attractions to be built to draw foreign tourists to Thailand

webfact

More man-made attractions to be built to draw in foreign tourists

BANGKOK, 2 October 2013 (NNT) – The National Tourism Policy Committee has delivered policy to construct more man-made tourist sites in the hope to attract foreign tourists to Thailand.

Permanent Secretary for Tourism and Sports Suwat Sitthilor said the man-made tourist site policy was derived from the prime minister’s idea that Thailand should have new tourist attractions in preparation for the country’s transport infrastructure development projects.

Coupled with the better transportation, the new tourist sites would add value to the Thai tourism, Mr Suwat said.

The Board of Investment of Thailand already has a policy to support tourist site construction which exempts taxes on any projects worth 500 million baht or higher.

nntlogo.jpg
-- NNT 2013-10-03 footer_n.gif

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Let's hope they don't create more man-made attractions where they try to charge a racist price - one for locals, one for tourists. There are enough of these in Thailand already and they can rest assured I won't be visiting any new attraction where they try to charge someone a different rate based on their skin color.

I'm happy to visit new Asiatique type places though - partly open-air shopping malls with restaurants and the like.

• Like 1

And what kind of Man made site they want to add ? more shopping malls ? a Disneyworld park ?

Look at the nature, it's been there for centuries, respect and protect it, then the real tourist will come !!!

yes but for how long ? the greedy hotel and housing promoters needs those areas ....

More man-made attractions to be built

For Pattaya that could include a beach for the one that now has all but disappeared along Beach Road. Lots of talk but probably will never happen. Thailand is far better at talking about doing something than it will ever be at actually doing anything. That is unless there is enough budget to fill the feeding trough. No need to finish the project or to get it right because that allows for a new project and more trough feeding.

Instead of a beach, Pattaya could build a sea wall to protect the new Beach Road sidewalk (that has replaced the previous, much nicer tree line promenade) that will soon be right next to the sea and its waves.

Edited by metisdead
Unnecessary usage of bold font removed.

Thai ministers, of all shirt colors, traditionally come up with new, "fresh" ideas and projects to show that they are earning their salaries and brown envelopes. That is how they show to other members of the cabinet that they are smarter than the rest.

God forbid that they refrain from that posturing and go after real problems (and sort them out) that have besieged their ministries and the country for long decades!

Their conventional MO is to come up with new troughs for the usual snouts.

There is no dividend in actually working and doing so for the good of the country. TIT

• Like 2

Inevitably pressure of tourism will lead to more and more ersatz versions of Thai history and culture. It began decades ago with Khan Tok dinners, the capture for display of wild animals and Padaung women, to cite but two examples. In the coming years look forward to theme parks galore where, with minimum-wage Isaan workers - or better still, those despised Rohingans - dressed as extinct native wildlife, you will be able to make your way to a show depicting key moments in Thai history, for example about when the square-headed one won the war on drugs.

Plenty to look forward to.

We tried to open the first corruption free town but couldn't afford the pay offs for the permits.

Following on the success of world's favotite Aiport car park scam

Many areas could be used by foreign enforcement agencies as examples of what happens when abuse is unrestrained.

What about how to drag someone down the street and get away with it murder mystery weekends.

How to get a passport while on the lam

How to extort from fake goods franchises

How to stage apparent balcony jumps etc

Edited by RubbaJohnny
  • Like 1

I agree with this and I think the Cartoon Network Amazone water Park will be opening near my home in Bang Saray early 2014, I am sure It will generate a lot of well needed business in the area.

The construction looks truly amazing, and my kids cant wait to go there.

smile.png

• Like 1