Does this forum have a ranking system for hotels, tourist attractions?

snake24

over 700 hotels in bkk alone. Lord knows how many other hotels in other areas of thailand. We should have some sort of thread in this forum where ppl visiting parts of thailand know what to expect where to stay and most importantly what's happening at that region.

God forbid such a thing.

Would lead mods having to spend 100 % if there time deleting posts.

Oh the arguements I can already here.

Hotels/guest houses and whatever you are looking for as a place to stay are always a personal choice.

We are all individuals and have different expectations of what we think a hotel should be.

In my experience the best hotels are always the ones you dont find on the internet but by word of mouth or by exploring.

As the poster says above trip advisor for sure will give you some idea.

But do you know the person reporting on the accomidation??

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 1

God forbid such a thing.

Hotels/guest houses and whatever you are looking for as a place to stay are always a personal choice.

We are all individuals and have different expectations of what we think a hotel should be.

In my experience the best hotels are always the ones you dont find on the internet but by word of mouth or by exploring.

yup you make sense i was expecting you know a place where ppl that gather here can discuss more on it cos some ppl live in thailand on a daily basis so they would know better than say tripadvisor.

These hotels sites reviews are based on individuals opinions too.

God forbid such a thing.

yup you make sense i was expecting you know a place where ppl that gather here can discuss more on it cos some ppl live in thailand on a daily basis so they would know better than say tripadvisor.

Why would people who live in Thailand (on a daily basis) be qualified to do reports on hotels? The vast majority of people who live in Thailand permanently live in houses or condos. The people who post on tripadvisor are the ones with experience staying in hotels.

• Like 2

Don't believe half what you read on TripAdvisor, best review sites are the ones were people had to stay in the hotel first, such as booking.com or Agoda, anyone can place a review on TA regardless if they stayed or not.

A few years ago I was running a hotel in the UK and it was n01 in the town, but not from customer reviews, but several aliases

• Like 2

I've stayed at nearly every hotel in Pattaya and Hua Hin. Ask me of you want to know

Pattaya knowledge base please ...

1,000 Baht or there abouts.

Free WiFi in the rooms

Pool would be nice

Basic room is OK

Beachside of 2nd road or a short distance from 2nd rd

Have stayed in the Green Hotel, Soi9

No WiFi, pay for internet in the Foyer ... but a free breakfast

Kernell (or others) thanks in advance.

God forbid such a thing.

Why would people who live in Thailand (on a daily basis) be qualified to do reports on hotels? The vast majority of people who live in Thailand permanently live in houses or condos. The people who post on tripadvisor are the ones with experience staying in hotels.

cos i am sure they stayed in hotels before.

I lived in Hotels for 15 months before I got my own place in Bangkok, do I qualify?

I lived in Hotels for 15 months before I got my own place in Bangkok, do I qualify?

Thanks for telling it. Yes it's no doubt that ppl that reside in thailand for a long time most likely wouldn't be staying in a hotel but have a house or some apartment but the fact of the matter is most of the ppl in this forum are foreigners and being so would have stayed in a hotel at some point in time so asking ppl here on what hotels to stay in is perfectly reasonable. Makes much more sense than asking a group of thai village farmers the same question. The chances of them staying in hotels in thailand would be much much lower.

• Like 1

All the booking sites with their travel reviews are a bit of a rort, that are easily exposed by staff current or otherwise creating fake reviews.

There was recently a bit of a "thing" back home, where. The Director of PR for Australia's largest hotel company had been bated for writing favourable reviews for that companies hotels and less than favourable for those of the competition. He subsequently jumped before pushed due to said companies "social media policy"

Skytrax was also rung over the coals for their BS ratings and reviews.

It's the web forums such as Flyer Talk, where you get a true sense of a property, there's a bit of something there for everyone.

I've stayed at nearly every hotel in Pattaya and Hua Hin. Ask me of you want to know

I stayed at searidge resort in hua hin. What do you think of that place?

Never stayed there.

Wut!!? And you claimed to have stayed in nearly every hotel in hua hin. Maybe you mean budget hotel?

Agoda is good. It has customer reports/feedback of every hotel in Thailand. Ive always used them and never an issue.

That's right and they offer you 500 points for a review of the hotel.

I prefer trip advisor though i mean i read reviews on agoda but i still cross check with TA. Also the photos of the rooms in agoda are heavily touched up making them look much better than they really are. TA's pics are submitted by the guests themselves so the pics are more accurate.

Never stayed there.

Wut!!? And you claimed to have stayed in nearly every hotel in hua hin. Maybe you mean budget hotel?

Searidge is like a serviced apartment?? We don't go in for those and we have kids so they like the pools and kids clubs in hotels like Intercon, Sheraton, Dusit, Hilton, Sofitel and Amari to name just a few.

Never stayed there.

Searidge is like a serviced apartment?? We don't go in for those and we have kids so they like the pools and kids clubs in hotels like Intercon, Sheraton, Dusit, Hilton, Sofitel and Amari to name just a few.

Sorry kurnell... Ain't no Sofitel in Hua Hin... Been a while now.. Jus sayin ;)

No point in such a battle, OP. It will just turn into a perpetual argument over what is the appropriate amount one should spend on accommodation. At least a quarter of the replies will be from guys who sleep in their car, ask a tuk tuk driver for room and board or sleep in an unadvertised flop house and can't understand why all the clueless farang would waste money on a hotel room.

It works both ways.

I wrote a very favourable review for a hotel in Phuket in 2006, hoping to boost their trade.

Initially it did improve trade! But the hotel unfortunately did not put the profits back into the hotel/ service and was subsequently banned from the trip advisor list.

Best intentions and all that call.

CCC

I take it you mean hotels and not guesthouses. Do you know the tricks of a lot of guesthouses in the Soi Buckaw and Soi Diana areas. The ACs hardly blow out any cold air, and you have to use the fan.

This does not apply to Canterbury Tales guesthouse which is owned by an English guy.

Agoda is good. It has customer reports/feedback of every hotel in Thailand. Ive always used them and never an issue.

Krisb, when Agoda gives you a price for a hotel room, they do not include the extra taxes. They are in the small print. Why? Because they hope you will not notice it. If Agoda was a decent company, they would give you the price you pay without this add on nonsense.

Krisb, when Agoda gives you a price for a hotel room, they do not include the extra taxes. They are in the small print. Why? Because they hope you will not notice it. If Agoda was a decent company, they would give you the price you pay without this add on nonsense.

Not entirely correct...

Thai law - among others - doesn't demand that you display an all inclusive price...

It's displayed right before you hit the 'confirm booking' which is bog standard for everyone...

Which is why I prefer to use an Australian site such as wotif.com

Prices include tax and should I find a rate that is lower than the hotels advertised price, submit a 'Best Rate Guarantee' (BRG) claim and generally that results in a further reduced rate. This is a win-win for both consumer and company.

Company doesn't have to pay commission to the Online Travel Agent (OTA) - which can be as much as 20% - and I - as the consumer - get a better rate, plus, any benefits that come along with being a member of the frequent guest program are now able to be utilized when they wouldn't be allowed if I'd simply stuck with the cheaper OTA without going for the BRG.

I take it you mean hotels and not guesthouses. Do you know the tricks of a lot of guesthouses in the Soi Buckaw and Soi Diana areas. The ACs hardly blow out any cold air, and you have to use the fan.

This does not apply to Canterbury Tales guesthouse which is owned by an English guy.

From 150 baht a night to over 6,000.

Dude they will list you the final price before you make payment. it's all good agoda seems to be the only company that allows paypal as a form of payment. It's not the cheapest all the time and booking.com might be cheaper but they do have those flash prices that come up sometimes on some hotels.

I don't know if it's a service apartment maybe it was but the point was they have a swimming pool and it's a nice one, a gym, a restaurant and other facilities that hotels have. They have cleaners that come everyday and i had a nice kitche, living room, 2 rooms and 2 bathrooms one with a bathtub in it so it's definitely not low so.