Do You Need Thailand?

theblether

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just in case anyone is interested, I don't need it.

I can't believe nobody thought to ask me. coffee1.gif

hehehe well, not Thailand per se

however, thaivisa.com is another story I think.

I am guessing there is no scotvisa.com?

the real question here is "does the blether need thaivisa forum?".the answer to this is a resounding yes

The best idiot is a useful idiot.

Useful idiots are ideal for forums. They help to keep things ticking over.

It works best when the idiot doesn't realize just how useful he is.

If you operate forums, never neglect your useful idiots. Feed them a carrot or two, or perhaps click their "like" buttons.

Give them the space they need to tell you why they're the best in their chosen field. Grant them the opportunity to reveal why they stand out. Humor them. Bait them from time to time, but be careful not to lose them.

And always refrain from any discussion that may highlight the emptiness of their sad existence.

lord have mercy!

“Would I be unhappy to leave my home?”, yes I think so. Thailand is not so much an amazing place for me, as a comfortable and familiar place.smile.png

Welcome to the REAL WORLD of the A_S_E_A_N!

Thailand definitely has the best overall (affordable) infra-structure, compared to other SE Asian nations. However, it is still Asia, with ALL the similar, "smoke & mirrors" nuances associated with Asian cultures. Thailand is no more than what YOU (and YOUR Western based bank account) make of it,...... including the "familiar" places. The only true familial lifestyles available to "farangs", are those brought to Thailand. The Russians understand that fundamental principle quite well.

Now, with all things of the foregoing considered, if you're looking for a real "stand-up", reliable and trustworthy friend (withinin Thai culture), then you are best-advised to: goto a petstore,.......buy a dog. Hence, the rest of your "farang" life in Thailand, will be a "walk-in-the-park". Cheers, mate smile.png

SEA still lags behind east asia definitely.

Do I need Thailand? There are very good reasons that I've never moved there. It's a great place to visit and vacation a couple of times a year.

I have considered moving to Thailand, but that thought always goes away quickly. I like the freedom to own my home, to just be instead of reporting, to live with first world cleanliness, sanitation, infrastructure and amenities, road safety, and to have all of the rights that come with citizenship.

Thailand is only an airline ticket away, but I don't "breathe free" until I get home.

Having children keeps me connected to thailand. If not, pleasant memories only. A better view on thailand came really when had kids. Should have followed my gut feeling then. Did not. Thailand though has everything to be a perfect country to live in without having too many commitments. Its like a fatal attraction ! Or like a woman. Cant live with it, her, and cant live without it, her.

All has a purpose in life !

What happened?

Too much !

wouldnt miss the thainess or the crappy drivers, their problem with face or their arrogance but I would miss the country and my wife/family far too much, this is my home no matter what.The rest I can put up with but there is no way I would just leave.

• Like 1

Do you need Thailand? Not really. Nothing really ties me to Thailand.

If you had to head to the airport tomorrow would it bother you? No. Just let me take or send my stuff before I go...

If you had your time again, would you have even have moved here in the first place? Probably not. if I knew all I know today, I would have chosen to try elsewhere.

Just in case anyone is interested, I don't need it.

I can't believe nobody thought to ask me. coffee1.gif

hehehe well, not Thailand per se

however, thaivisa.com is another story I think.

I am guessing there is no scotvisa.com?

You should see the battles we have on the Scottish forums, especially with the independence debate coming up next year. Oh, and the Rangers / Celtic forums are full of World class abuse. It's a good grounding for using internet forums, Thaivisa is tame, and I mean tame compared to them. biggrin.png