Music Education Good For Ed Visa?

Make two destinctions: A visa to come to Thailand and an extension of stay.

If you can find a school that has an approved couse it is no problem to get an extension. It is not the subject that matters, but if the course is approved or not. Part of the approval of the course is also how long you can study the subject.

For the actual ED-visa, which will be good for 90 days, It will largely depend on the consulate you will use if they will aprove the course with an ED-visa.

Forget whether it is good for a visa. It is great for YOU. I took up saxophone 5 years ago after I retired, and it is one of the best decisions I've ever made. I wanted to learn 50 years ago in school, but there was nobody in country town Australia who could even play a saxophone, let alone teach it. The intervening years were used up making a living, raising kids, and working long hours that involved travel, and who would tolerate somebody practising sax in a hotel room?

I now have 5, a soprano, an alto, a C Melody (1926 vintage), two tenors, one a real classic, a 1948 Conn 'Naked Lady' (engraving on the horn).

I don't have enough years left to be the greatest player in the world, but I love it, and play every day.

If it can also be good to secure a visa, then that's a bonus.

• Like 1