PM Yingluck: Govt ready to push Thai cosmetics industry to go global

webfact

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

A simple question from a simple bloke but what is the "Thai wisdom protection" that the government will support the industry with ?. Is this similar to the "patent rights registration " that will protect the Thai cosmetic industry from knock-off products that we may find on the shelves of stores in Europe, Australia and America ?

Yes - protecting patents i.e. products they invented (like Red Bull) and Intellectual Property or the associated know how / knowledge and development.

Do you think Thailand has wisdom and intellectual property to protect? If so, guess they wouldn't want it to be copied by these rogue countries that produce copious counterfeit goods.

It will be interesting to see if / how the Thai cosmetics industry manages to conform to the regulatory requirements for such products that developed countries apply. Guess what, these countries are wise to dodgy certifications and test labs. They do their own product testing. Should be interesting.

A simple question from a simple bloke but what is the "Thai wisdom protection" that the government will support the industry with ?. Is this similar to the "patent rights registration " that will protect the Thai cosmetic industry from knock-off products that we may find on the shelves of stores in Europe, Australia and America ?

Yes - protecting patents i.e. products they invented (like Red Bull) and Intellectual Property or the associated know how / knowledge and development.

Do you think Thailand has wisdom and intellectual property to protect? If so, guess they wouldn't want it to be copied by these rogue countries that produce copious counterfeit goods.

It will be interesting to see if / how the Thai cosmetics industry manages to conform to the regulatory requirements for such products that developed countries apply. Guess what, these countries are wise to dodgy certifications and test labs. They do their own product testing. Should be interesting.

Red bull was copied from lipovitan.

Is it not astonishing that the simplest news item - in this case the promotion of the Thai cosmetic industry internationally - can be turned within minutes into an excuse for an obsessive rant against Thaksin.

Indeed very strange! Especially when you take in account that half his family is involved in this government, with his sister-puppet being the PM! Very strange indeed!

Edited by KireB
  • Like 1

What is Thai Wisdom? It's in the OP but I've never heard of it or seen it in action

Then you are blind and deaf. glasshopper......................

As a master of Thai wisdom, and to save most of us the trouble of wading through the legal document that was posted earlier, could you actually define Thai wisdom for us simple folk, in a nutshell.

Leaving out the rather patronising and racial stereotyping words like 'glasshopper' would be good too.

Did I miss it or did MCOT left it wisely out of the article, that the PM said Thailand will be the hub of cosmetics within the next 2 year.

That's for next step next year when someone goes fishing around for some news about cosmetics. They'll use this basic story and update with hubbing.

A totally corrupt country with protectionist tariffs and zero quality control or consumer protection laws is going to persuade the women of the work how their products should be plastered over their skin?

I think Thailand will need to do some clean up of the world opinion that it is a land of scams and deceit before anyone will buy products that will bring them out in a rash.

• Like 1

Is it not astonishing that the simplest news item - in this case the promotion of the Thai cosmetic industry internationally - can be turned within minutes into an excuse for an obsessive rant against Thaksin.

I expect that some here turn puce and fume when held at traffic lights, after all the lights are red, must be Thaksins fault, what more proof is needed......

It would be funny but this obsession is obscuring the forums purpose as a place to discuss News in Thailand.

I don't suppose there is a chance some of you could take yourselves off to a corner an give yourselves a talking too?

No, I thought not!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

It might be due to the fact that many here are expecting a PM to tackle the real problems (omnipresent corruption, failing education, bleak economy...) instead of focusing on futile topics. (and no: promoting whitening cream abroad is not a part of the solution)

Indeed, it smells too much like repetitive smokescreens masking her family/friends practices.

• Like 1

Oh yes, Whitening, Slimming and Breast firming lotions ready to take on the heavyweights of global cosmetics.

Aren't half of the cheap cosmetics in Thailand imported from China and about 99% of the expensive ones imported from the developed world?

Yes and Yes. I find this interesting only because every time I go back to the US, all the females I know are asking me to bring them back some good cosmetics. wink.png

biggrin.png Not astonishing at all. People want to believe their is a cause for their unhappiness. If only the T man would be forever vanquished LOS would magically morph into a land of milk and honey. It so far fetched and ridiculous you wonder if its a symptom of dementia

I expect that some here turn puce and fume when held at traffic lights, after all the lights are red, must be Thaksins fault, what more proof is needed......

It would be funny but this obsession is obscuring the forums purpose as a place to discuss News in Thailand.

I don't suppose there is a chance some of you could take yourselves off to a corner an give yourselves a talking too?

No, I thought not!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

To be honest with you I found it highly amusing that finally she has found some thing she knows some thing about to talk about. I am no expert but it seems to me that she is suggesting sitting into a game where the deck is stacked against her.

Perhaps the whitening creams would sell in a continent that has A high population of non whites.

Yours is the first post I have come across with the name of Thaksin connected to negativity and the article.

I agree with you it is an easy connection to make but I prefer the comic side of the whole situation. Even your successful attempt at black humor with

"I expect that some here turn puce and fume when held at traffic lights, after all the lights are red, must be Thaksins fault, what more proof is needed......"

Perhaps I will read some more of the posts when I am in need of a laugh.

Hellodolly, post#2 on this topic - the one which inspired (if that is the right word) my rant seems to have disappeared! Post#16 rather confirms this.

Anyway I am glad that the traffic light gibe raised a smile...

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app