TLS in Thaniya building Silom (sala daeng BTS)

I have a question for people who have studied at TLS in Thaniya building in Silom. If you had a need that was not solved by talking to staff, was there any other means to have it addressed? My wife and I have been studying there for about 2 months and our instructor is just fabulous. We are very happy with Khruu Joy's enthusiasm for teaching Thai language and we agree that the way she mixes up conversation and vocabulary lessons is very efficient and effective.

There is only one hitch. We are using the school to get an ED visa, and the staff that handles this part of it doesn't seem to give us consistent answers about what needs to be done to stay legal. We are coming up on our 90-day period and we will need to go to immigration and renew, which I believe costs 1900 baht and involves some paperwork. Because we haven't had good luck with the staff we have asked to be put in touch with a manager but so far we haven't gotten any legitimate response to this request.

The school should provide you with the necessary paperwork for your extension. Just tell them you are due for your extension and they generally provide it in about a week but you don't want to wait that long. Ask early. You'll just take that paperwork to immigration and request your extension, pay the 1900 baht and be on your way. The clerk may or may not say something in Thai and expect a response. I've never been given a formal test but they do seem to ask something simple just to see if you're actually learning Thai. You'll also have to complete your 90 day check-in. They'll give you a form for that at immigration (usually without having to ask) but if they don't make sure you DO ask about it. That doesn't cost anything and is usually handled pretty quickly although it will require a different number to wait in line at a different desk. Also, I've found the wait for the ED visa extension to be far more lengthy than when I was extending tourist visas. That could've just been bum luck for me but you may want to give yourself plenty of time before they close to be on the safe side.

If it is Thai Language Solutions with offices also at Asoke/Sukumvit, I studied there nearly 4 years ago without problems. Although they were recycling paper with peoples personal, passport pages on the one side.

The foreign owner was on location most days, could you get in touch with him regarding your problem? The staff were always helpful at this branch and I sent them many clients.

The retired woman Thai teacher, manager took care of all the paperwork.

If it is the same school I did visit the location you are at. They actually asked me to study there, I refused to. I visited the offices and the staff did not seem to have a clue. This will be four years ago in January 2014.

• 3 weeks later...

It seems you are not new to Thailand and should understand the Thai way things are done. They may take more time than westerners expect, but they usually do get done (as you found out.) Just stay calm and go with the flow (Jai yen.)I often get impatient with the Thai way to do things but have found my health is better when I just let things happen in their good time. Good luck at immigration and do not forget to make the 90 day report if it id due.