Saving Daylight - The time are a Changing

David48

Might in a different climate (not Australian) ... just saying like.

Doesn't, complete waste of time designed to screw up my finely tuned digestive habits twice a year. When I was working I used to hate it when the sun, that had slowly been catching up with my 7am start suddenly disappeared again.

http://www.voxeu.org/article/does-daylight-saving-time-save-electricity

You can't save daylight, but you can get up too early/too late to profit by it.

An extract from the web page:
Does daylight saving time save electricity?

Matthew J. Kotchen, Laura E. Grant , 5 December 2008

Daylight saving time, designed for energy conservation purposes, is among the most widespread regulations on the planet. Surprisingly little evidence exists that it actually saves energy. This column, using a natural experiment, concludes that “saving” daylight has cost electricity

evidence

Despite the historical and current practice of DST within the US and around the world, surprisingly little evidence exists that the overall policy actually saves energy. An early and oft-cited study by the US Department of Transportation (1975) found that DST causes a 1% decrease in electricity consumption at the points of transition in the spring and fall. But a subsequent evaluation of the study concludes that the results are statistically insignificant (Filliben 1976). Kellogg and Wolff (in press) find that extending DST in Sydney, Australia during the 2000 Olympic games had no effect on overall electricity consumption because the decrease in evening demand was offset by an increase in morning demand.

Kids walking to school in the dark is maybe compensated by kids walking home when it is still daylight?

Edited by cooked

• 3 weeks later...

wink.png Tonight's the night.

Thanks for that ... sadly, I don't think any amount of saving the daylight will turn you lights on again.

Hope to see you again soon.

If you see me on the street ... I look just like my Avatar ... just a little older ... biggrin.png