Where to stop

oxo1947

Every year I do a 6 week pilgrimage BKK to LHR---Usually Eva, get in one end and out the other---its a nice airline, especially for Business class. Its a day flight so while looking down this time I promised myself that I should break this journey up--if for nothing else than just to see something new. I really don't fancy what would be the half way mark--- Arabia, (unless I have got it wrong)--as a stop over jaunt, it doesn't seem to appeal to me very much. Any suggestions for a 3-4 day stop over---and Have I got it wrong about Arabia ? is it a fun--reasonable price place to stop.

I would avoid the middle east at all cost, especially if you use any prescription medication.

The reason I don't use EVA is because they do these all day flights to the UK. Who wants to be awake on a flight for 12 hours ?

I generally use a larger airline which offers overnight flights in both directions - it requires two planes on the route to do this though.

In the past I've used KLM and Lufthansa for these overnight flights. I've transited in either Amsterdam of Frankfurt on the way to the UK. Normally I don't bother with any kind of stopover.

Then again it was at least a year and a half ago since I last went to the UK so maybe things have changed with the schedules a bit.

India (e.g. Chennai - nice southern city) or Colombo, Sri Lanka to avoid the Arab states. Alternatively, Turkey (Istanbul or Ankara) or Tel Aviv (Israel) are also nice places to break your journey back to the UK. Of those, Tel Aviv is definitely the most relaxing - apart from the Maldives, but they aren't really many hours from Thailand.