A Lesson In Thainess........

theblether

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Jeez, you talk about the way Thai shielas eat, and that it does your head in. You would play 'em off a break. Do you do anything else apart from eat out?

Why don't you stay in for a change and engage in some vigourous bedroom olympics, cheaper, more fun and better for keeping your weight down. Just a thought.

• Like 2

And i thought op was beloved by everyone and what's more ppl were sympathetic to him cos of his weight gain and health issues and all the jazz but it turns out all of this has come to naught with his type of postings. Taking the piss out of everyone.

I just don't understand why OP doesn't have his own blog. I didn't think this was offensive to Thais at all...it was pointing out a difference in perspectives. Friends and friends of friends who visit here often find it hard to believe things I tell them about Thailand that are basic (and not negative, either). It is a different place. Anyway, BletherBlog...when is it happening?

• Like 1

Please give us a break!!coffee1.gif

What I like is that theblether's name appears as the thread-starter, so I can choose to read the thread or not. Unfortunately I don't get any warning on who is going to reply.

SC

EDIT: My apologies, Mossfinn, for the repetition.

No worries sc, both our observations are kinda obvious though

The word "lesson" generally implies something of pedagogical value.

Can't see anything that fits that description in this thread.

Blether, if you want to make public every facet of your day here in Thailand, why not wear a Go Pro camera on your head and just post the footage.

That would then free you up from the keyboard to focus on more important things. Dealing with your morbid obesity is a relative example.

Edited by Phronesis

You guy's must get fed up of being forced to read his threads.

You are agitated by his posts, they are all obviously named, the blether with all his variety of topics, does not have a Klingon Cloaking Device, note the name, engage warp 9 and head for the Gamma Sector, where hopefully you will meet the Borg and be assimilated.

... clap2.gif

Have ran out of likes ... thumbsup.gif

There now follows a lesson in Thainess........pay attention at the back.

"I want to go for ten days".

"Do not say that. If you say ten days and do not finish all, then you have broken a promise to Buddha. Bad Karma. Say you will go three days and you can do easy, if you stay longer then very good for you, and good Karma".

"So what you are saying is, promise little and do more, and that is good for Karma?"

"Yes"

To me that is a perfect example of Thainess. Made even more so when it was confirmed by the lady that owns the cafe. She said.......

"Do not make big promise to Buddha theblether, make little promise and keep it, very good for you".

Well we're always trying to understand that elusive concept of Thainess. To me that's a fine example, promise short, deliver long. Oh, and when it comes to Buddha, don't ever promise long and deliver short, bad Karma you see.

Just sayin' smile.png

I just don't understand why OP doesn't have his own blog. I didn't think this was offensive to Thais at all...it was pointing out a difference in perspectives. Friends and friends of friends who visit here often find it hard to believe things I tell them about Thailand that are basic (and not negative, either). It is a different place. Anyway, BletherBlog...when is it happening?

There is a blog in place at the moment but I haven't had time to set it up correctly and populate it. I'll do that when I go back to Scotland but to be honest it's not a priority, I've got plenty of other things that are a call on my time.

And I used to think Finnegans Wake was unreadable. smile.png

As for me, as soon as I see a poster refer to himself in the 3rd person, not to mention his own self-imposed nickname, i stop reading before I spend time I will never get back...

This is a very sweet and interesting story. Sounds very genuine to me. The simple way Thai people put the most sophisticated concept never seizes to amaze me. Thank you for sharing.

Yes...Thailand is the only country that likes to be nice to people...behind that smile of course.....as for their most sophisticated concept, well bugger me.

People should go to Australia and see where they offer genuine friendship and kindness in the most unsophisticated way.

Except to the aborigines of course.

But they should and that is changing.

Except in Tasmania cos not many left there.

• Like 1

So... a dinner with a Western Lady is so dull Blether only manages to mention the Salad....

The following evening Blether entertains a cacophony of insults from what appears to be a rather passive aggressive woman...

I wonder how desperate some people are for company that they tolerate such behaviour.

So... a dinner with a Western Lady is so dull Blether only manages to mention the Salad....

The following evening Blether entertains a cacophony of insults from what appears to be a rather passive aggressive woman...

I wonder how desperate some people are for company that they tolerate such behaviour.

Beggars can't be choosers!rolleyes.gif