A Lesson In Thainess........

theblether

Avoid Promises! They were created by the same cretins than invented Marriage!

i would not say its a lesson in Thainess to be honest mate.

I don't make promises i cannot keep in any country, if i know i may not be able to keep a promise i use the words MAYBE! not Definitely or i promise...

Infact i find making promises a rather irresponsible act and one that i will avoid at all costs... they are also used by Thai girls to win arguments and blackmail us...

Yup, a good false promise is an excellent manipulation tool.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The word "lesson" generally implies something of pedagogical value.

Can't see anything that fits that description in this thread.

Blether, if you want to make public every facet of your day here in Thailand, why not wear a Go Pro camera on your head and just post the footage.

That would then free you up from the keyboard to focus on more important things. Dealing with your morbid obesity is a relative example.

Are you ok? It seems to shine through, that you are very unhappy with your own situation....Share it with us, maybe we can help? No point running around being miserable wai.gif

• Like 1

By the way, I often see Thai / Farang couples sitting in silence in restaurants. The guy invariably looks miserable and the female couldn't make it more obvious she doesn't want to be there. I saw it a few times last week, but the worst one I saw was a guy ( aged about 40 ) getting progressively more furious with his lady for being sullen. They were at the table next to me and the atmosphere was terrible. After a while the guy said, "that's it, eat no more, we're going home" and she replied "I'm not going with you, you're boring".

1-0 to the lady.

I'd much rather have a lady take the rip out of me than ignore me.

Just sayin' smile.png

Yeah, I have seen some of that, but a lot of times out with my wife we just enjoy eating and don't really have much to say as we have either already discussed everything interesting or important going on with us or we are just happy to be alone (lots of people in our lives). So, we might have a whole meal and just talk about whether the meal tastes good/spicy, etc. but we are having a good time.

• Like 1

The word "lesson" generally implies something of pedagogical value.

Can't see anything that fits that description in this thread.

I say, in addition to being a good story, the gentleman's account is of rather pedagogical value through its astute anthropological observations.

On a side note, you may find that re-examining the notion of the human condition may lead to conclude that wrecking glasshouses is generally not considered desirable among interlocutors.

Edited by Morakot
  • Like 2

Sometimes i wonder how much of it is made up and how much is real.. its entertaining either way.

I know you won't believe this but I don't make it up. I tend to get insulted on a regular basis biggrin.png

Looks like you're easily insulted. Perhaps it more accurate to say "I feel insulted on a regular basis."

Quite funny isn't it? 23 posts later, not one reply to the topic itself!

All about Master Blether himself. Love him or hate him?

Blether you have finally done it. A thread all about you, you, you!

Now we are all looking forward to your report about your lunch with another bella!rolleyes.gif.pagespeed.ce.hZ59UWKk-s.gif

To all the hardcore followers out there, I reserve my right to reply to whatever topic, I feel like replying to!

Even if I happen to disagree with your master.

Thainess is then promise a little and do more than promised ! Or is karma synonym to thainess ?

Incorrect.

Then you went back to your hotel and after 5 embarrassing minutes gave her a 1000 baht...wub.png

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

jesus, ya'll are ruthless :-)

It was an autobiographical post by burnsie, he was reliving his Saturday night. Except it was only three minutes, he's prone to exaggeration that boy you know. coffee1.gif

Edited by theblether
  • Like 1

Hi Mossy, how's Oxford?

Oxford is great, but it is waiting for a girl like you, so I can do another oxford moot, and you are the honour guest. Food is on me, and you can order as much as you like, and leave whatever you want ( am I in the right thread ) p.s I know some great wine bars.

Sometimes i wonder how much of it is made up and how much is real.. its entertaining either way.

I know you won't believe this but I don't make it up. I tend to get insulted on a regular basis biggrin.png

Looks like you're easily insulted. Perhaps it more accurate to say "I feel insulted on a regular basis."
No, I think theB was right. Lots of people seem to enjoy insullting him. - it seems for many to be the highlight of their presence on this forum. You and I are fortunate to be such no-marks that we do not attract such abuse
  • Like 2

No, I think theB was right. Lots of people seem to enjoy insullting him. - it seems for many to be the highlight of their presence on this forum. You and I are fortunate to be such no-marks that we do not attract such abuse

Till now at least !

By the way, I often see Thai / Farang couples sitting in silence in restaurants. The guy invariably looks miserable and the female couldn't make it more obvious she doesn't want to be there. I saw it a few times last week, but the worst one I saw was a guy ( aged about 40 ) getting progressively more furious with his lady for being sullen. They were at the table next to me and the atmosphere was terrible. After a while the guy said, "that's it, eat no more, we're going home" and she replied "I'm not going with you, you're boring".

1-0 to the lady.

I'd much rather have a lady take the rip out of me than ignore me.

Just sayin' smile.png

He wasn't that Fork lift truck driver on a 2 week holiday with an imaginary Aston Martin DB7 on his drive at homecheesy.gif

CCC

• Like 1