90 Days - Can be done at different location ?

Hi ,

I am living here in Thailand on my ED VISA for almost 4 years. I am living in Chiang Mai and every since I renew my VISA and do my 90 days report in Chiang Mai Immigration office.

Just wondering does anyone knows is it possible to do 90 days report in immigration office at some other province, for example in Bangkok?

Thanks !

No, you do it at the office for the area you are living in.

Having said that, some offices allow you to report in their area if you are staying in their area for a vacation when you need to do your 90 day report, etc. But they might require some proof of address.

Thank you Mario !

Is it possible then , because I have heard that you do not need to do 90 days report in person, just to give copies of my passport, all relevant pages, and full filled form for 90 day report and ask my friend who is in Chiang Mai do it for me?

Yes. it's possible to have someone do your report for you, but I don't know if they will do it without the actual passport. They do it by mail with only copies but if it's done in person even by your proxy I still think that they want to see the passport. I guess that it's up to the immigration officer that processes the paperwork and that varies daily.

Edited by wayned

If you were traveling you could not do it that way. You would need to have your passport with you.

It is correct though that you do not need to do the reports in person.

If traveling you can do it at another immigration office but most will want some proof that you are staying there.

Thank you all !

That means if I am able to send my passport to a friend who is in Chiang Mai ,together with full filled forms with my signature on it, he should be able to do it for me?

p.s. can I find somewhere online those necessary forms and print them out?

Thank`s for suggestion Sceptict11 but if nobody asked or check for my passport for these 4 years even once , except when I am going to immigration or at the airport, I hardly believe that it will happened within few days while this thing is done.

"Thank`s for suggestion Sceptict11 but if nobody asked or check for my passport for these 4 years even once , except when I am going to immigration or at the airport, I hardly believe that it will happened within few days while this thing is done"

Your choice .smile.png

Having said that, some offices allow you to report in their area if you are staying in their area for a vacation when you need to do your 90 day report, etc. But they might require some proof of address.

That not correct, well for me it is not correct.

I live in Nonthaburi and go to school in Bangkok, therefor my 90 days Ed-Visa Ext. is at Bangkok Immigration Office, Chaengwattana Rd.

As i was told at Bangkok and Nonthaburi Immigration office, I have to do my ED-Visa Ext where my school addresses is, not where i live.

They all so phone someone high up the chain in command to ask and be sure about this.

And my 90 days addresses is at Nonthaburi Immigration. Because i live in Nonthaburi.

I really don´t care what other think or say about it, But that the way it is for me.

It is okay, i have no problem about it, i live 10 min from Bangkok Immigration Office, and i send my 90 days Addresses report to Nonthaburi.

So all is okay for me..

my extension/WP is issued in BKK at the one stop, and at sometimes I report at Maptuphut and sometimes in BKK, and in all these years never even been questioned so it can be done and never had to provide any proof of address at either offices

You are required by Thai law to retain possession of your passport.

You could end up in a world of trouble if away from home without your passport.

show me the extract from Thai law, there is no law which says one must keep your PP with you

I stand to be correct but law saying sometime along the lines that you should be able to indentify yourself and visa status within a reasonable time and in practical terms a Thai DL serves the purpose in almost all cases

Where on a drivers license does it show that you have a valid passport and permitted to stay date. The immigration act can be used as a basis for needing a passport to show authorities if they ask for it.

Edited by ubonjoe

Indeed a passport or PR book is considered proper ID for a foreigner - just as the Thai ID card is for a Thai. That a DL will usually fill the bill does not make it a given and police can hold you until passport presented if they so feel. I do not carry with me either - but I do take if I leave the city and go elsewhere inside Thailand.

You are required by Thai law to retain possession of your passport.

You could end up in a world of trouble if away from home without your passport.

show me the extract from Thai law, there is no law which says one must keep your PP with you

I stand to be correct but law saying sometime along the lines that you should be able to indentify yourself and visa status within a reasonable time and in practical terms a Thai DL serves the purpose in almost all cases

I cannot quote Thai law but here is what the British Embassy say

"By law, you must carry your passport with you at all times in Thailand. Tourists have been arrested because they were unable to produce their passport on request."

From a practical view point I never carry my passport within the locality in which I live but would not be so arrogant as to believe I can travel 500km from home and leave my passport in the safe.

I have been asked for my passport locally but when the police discover I live locally and my wife offers to retrieve the passport from our safe the "problem" goes away !

Individuals must assess the level of risk they are prepared to accept.

my extension/WP is issued in BKK at the one stop, and at sometimes I report at Maptuphut and sometimes in BKK, and in all these years never even been questioned so it can be done and never had to provide any proof of address at either offices

Me too - I have a retirement extension from Phuket but often report at Khon Kaen when we are up there on the farm. Never had any issues doing this.

In the 2011 floods I went up to Si Sa Ket. Did my 90 day report there. Very friendly officers and no problems at all.

Thank`s for suggestion Sceptict11 but if nobody asked or check for my passport for these 4 years even once , except when I am going to immigration or at the airport, I hardly believe that it will happened within few days while this thing is done.

Up to you as we say but personally I would not.