Online banking, have SBC & Krungsri BUT .....

Dear All,

So I have the two above accounts setup....

However what I'd don't like with SBC is a limit of 20 registered SCB accounts & 10 "Other" Accounts to transfer to and No nickname feature on the SCB accounts, as lots of the account names are in Thai a great use to me ....

Just started with Krungsri online and they don't appear to have a stored list of accounts at all or am I missing something ? ie so I have to enter the account number each time....

What I'd like .....which my UK Bank First Direct has had for about 10 years (I think).... is just a list of accounts I can nickname in English & they are stored so I don't to re-enter....(Surely basic funtionality for a payment system?)

Has your Thai Bank got that ?

Thanks

Regards

SB

My Bangkok Bank account, accessed via Bualuang iBanking, has the features you mention.

Big list of people to pay (phone companies, utility companies etc. etc). I can top up my phone, my wife's phone all saved on a menu when I go to the 'payments' section.

Plus, when I set up a payee, for sending money to an individual's account, I get to put a nickname on their details. All in all very good and similar (actually a bit better) to my UK based banking (Halifax).

• Like 1

Excellent Thanks Biff,

I'll be moving banks (after 9 years) this week then !.....

(Well I'll keep the old accounts with a few hundred thb in maybe ...)

WHAT And no limit to maximum number of accounts like 10 with my SCB Other Banks "Feature" ?

Regards,

SB...

My Bangkok Bank account, accessed via Bualuang iBanking, has the features you mention.

Big list of people to pay (phone companies, utility companies etc. etc). I can top up my phone, my wife's phone all saved on a menu when I go to the 'payments' section.

Plus, when I set up a payee, for sending money to an individual's account, I get to put a nickname on their details. All in all very good and similar (actually a bit better) to my UK based banking (Halifax).

I'm not sure about a limit on accounts. Do you mean your own accounts, or other people who's accounts you want to transfer money to?

I've only got 3 people that I've ever transferred money to :) and the list of companies I can pay is already installed (more than 10)

Also, you might need to chase them up to actually get the internet access working. After I filled the forms out, I got an email with one part of the information I needed (user ID) the second part (password) was supposed to arrive in the post, but......guess what? :lol:

Got it in the end by emailing their expat banking team at head office. Once it was set up though, never really had any problems with it.

• Like 1

I mean the limit/Number of accounts you can have registered that you send payments to ...

(SCB for some strange reason limits this to 20 SCB accounts and 10 Non-SCB accounts)

I struggle with these limits alot hence started using my Ayuthya/Krungsri account more, I wonder if it's SCB's plan to drive customers to other banks ?

I'm not sure about a limit on accounts. Do you mean your own accounts, or other people who's accounts you want to transfer money to?

I've only got 3 people that I've ever transferred money to smile.png and the list of companies I can pay is already installed (more than 10)

Also, you might need to chase them up to actually get the internet access working. After I filled the forms out, I got an email with one part of the information I needed (user ID) the second part (password) was supposed to arrive in the post, but......guess what? laugh.png

Got it in the end by emailing their expat banking team at head office. Once it was set up though, never really had any problems with it.

• Like 1

All my SCB transfer accounts have nicknames. You must be "doing it wrong"

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

My SCB to Non-SCB accounts have nicknames

My SCB to SCB have the name of the account, which 90% of the time is in Thai therefore no use to me...

How do you set your nicknames, that would save me moving banks ....

I have a Krungsri account. You can easily set and edit nicknames in "My Favorite Transfer". I have 5 names saved in the "To Other Krungsri Account" tab and 11 in the "To Other Bank Account" tab. I don't think there is a limit.

• Like 1

Thanks for that, I'm new to Krungsri online so stupidly assumed My Favorite Transfer was singular !

And also thought Mmmmm thats strange !

I have a Krungsri account. You can easily set and edit nicknames in "My Favorite Transfer". I have 5 names saved in the "To Other Krungsri Account" tab and 11 in the "To Other Bank Account" tab. I don't think there is a limit.