Out of Country - Skip 90 Day Report?

whistling.gif Yes but get yourself an exit re-entry permit before you leave Thailand.

Make sure the immigration stamps it as you exit and show it to them as you re-enter.

The entry date they stamp you into Thailand is the date you new 90 day clock starts counting from.

The exit re-entry permit is what makes it all possible, and avoids any hassle after you return.

I missed two 90 day reports in a row, as I was out of Thailand twice when I should have reported. I had an exit re-entry permit each time.

No problem. The last time I returned was 20 September 2013, and my new 90 day reporting date is 18 December 2013 .... 90 days from when I returned.

"Yes but get yourself an exit re-entry permit before you leave Thailand.

Make sure the immigration stamps it as you exit and show it to them as you re-enter."

You're back to calling it by the wrong name again. It's a 're-entry permit'. It might confuse some people, calling it by the wrong name.

I'm pretty sure they don't stamp your re-entry permit when you leave. Why would they?

Terry

• Like 1

I was issued a Non-Immigrant O-A retirement visa multiple entry before leaving the US and now do the annual extensions. I've never taken a trip out of Thailand.

No re-try permit needed since the original visa was issued as multiple? Can go and come as often as I like no re-entry permit needed?

How do you handle an annual extension if you are out of country when it is due?

Is there a time limit on how long you can stay out of country before you have to apply for a new visa?

Thanks.

Your visa probably has expired, that means you need a re-entry permit if you want to leave Thailand and keep your current permission to stay. Your re-entry permit is valid till the day your current permission to stay ends, so you must return by that date at the latest (and apply for a new permission to stay the day your current permission to stay ends).

If you leave Thailand without a re-entry permit or return after your current permission to stay ends, you need to apply for a new visa while abroad.

As said - and you state - if you are on extensions of stay from immigration you must have a re-entry permit for any travel to allow return to continue using that extension. That multi entry O-A was only valid for one year from date of issue.