Floods on the road down?

• 3 weeks later...

Not flood related, but do not need to start a new thread... although I thought there was one on protests, but cannot find! wink.png

A friend coming back from BKK yesterday (actually left the day before).... was held up on the highway down, in two spots... due to protests ... one was near Chumpon, the other I can't remember where he said... but 24 hours on the bus... to Surat! w00t.gif

Not sure how frequent these blocks are, but not good for people needing to make connections.... not sure too, if this is happening both ways.... if they are spontaneous there is no way of knowing in advance.... sad.png

Edited by samuijimmy

Not flood related, but do not need to start a new thread... although I thought there was one on protests, but cannot find! wink.png

A friend coming back from BKK yesterday (actually left the day before).... was held up on the highway down, in two spots... due to protests ... one was near Chumpon, the other I can't remember where he said... but 24 hours on the bus... to Surat! w00t.gif

Not sure how frequent these blocks are, but not good for people needing to make connections.... not sure too, if this is happening both ways.... if they are spontaneous there is no way of knowing in advance.... sad.png

Same happened to a friend of mine this weekend. Took him 20 hours from Bangkok to Donsak.

These protests are not spontaneous, but are not reported on. Probably news blockade. Same happened to me a few weeks ago while driving towards Hat Yai. I double checked about blockades and everyone assured me it was finished. Then halfway; blockade and a two hour detour.

What are they protesting

Maybe not reporting it is to avoid more people turning up either way cannot win

I would prefer to know though

I just don't understand why Southern people protest in he south where the majority of their own income comes from

Why not bloke the high way north of thailand instead

Sent from my iPhone using ThaiVisa app

What are they protesting

Maybe not reporting it is to avoid more people turning up either way cannot win

I would prefer to know though

I just don't understand why Southern people protest in he south where the majority of their own income comes from

Why not bloke the high way north of thailand instead

Sent from my iPhone using ThaiVisa app

Are you going to be the big bloke, to block the northern routes Big C ? tongue.pngbiggrin.png

This link may give you some answers as to why, but not when they will happen! facepalm.gif

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/665999-road-closures/