Multiple Entry One year Business Visas

Perhaps someone could offer advice / knowledge in reference to the current standing of One year multiple entry business visas.

Over the years, I have had a one year visa with which I had to exit and re-enter every three months. I never went to immigration with this visa.

Last time I did this, at the Cambodian border the officer said I should be going to immigration and showing documetneation there. He made it seem I was doing the wrong thing as he mentioned I wasn't paying taxes while in Thailand. It is possible it was only an act of intimidation to possibly ask for money, but I would like to check.

I am wondering if we are still permitted ot have a one year business visas without having to go to immigration to show documentation or if we now have to be going to immigration with documentation and we are no longer permited to exit and re-enter without further documentation.

Thank you very much.

Based on your pattern of arrivals and departures the immigration officer suspected that you might be living and working in Thailand without a work permit, not living outside Thailand working for a company outside Thailand and just visiting Thailand for business purposes, but unless he reported his suspicion to head office you are unlikely to get a visit from the immigration police.

No changes that I know of. Immigration officer was suggesting an extension of stay which is not possible without a work permit.

Thank you very much.

I'd just like to clarify if 'extention of stay', mean after the expiration of the one year visa.

Then, within the one year multiple visa it would not be necessary to show documentation and go to immigration. I can just leave and come back each three months.

Thank you very much.