Samsung releases flexible display phone 'Galaxy Round'

webfact

Samsung releases flexible display phone 'Galaxy Round'
By English News

SEOUL, Oct 9 (Yonhap) -- The new "Galaxy Round" phone from South Korean tech giant Samsung Electronics will make its debut in the domestic market this week, the nation's top mobile operator SK Telecom said Wednesday.

The most prominent feature of the latest Galaxy series phone is its curved, flexible display. It also features a 5.7-inch screen, the same as the Galaxy Note 3, with a 13-megapixel rear camera and 2.3 GHz quad-core processor.

The new smartphone will hit stores Thursday for a retail price of 1.08 million won (US$1,000), said SK Telecom.

The curved, plastic display makes the Galaxy Round slimmer and lighter than the Galaxy Note 3. It is 7.9 mm thick and weighs 154 grams.

The Galaxy Note 3 will run on the 4G long-term evolution (LTE) network as well as the LTE-Advanced network, billed as the world's fastest, SK Telecom said. (Yonhap)

tnalogo.jpg
-- TNA 2013-10-09

Many times i have considered turning in my Galaxy Note 2. It's too big and does too many things I don't ever do. I stuck a 32 gb mem card in it, and transferred most of my music to it, so it doubles as a quite adequate music box, only 10 times bigger and heavier than the usual mp3 player. I bought it mainly because of the pen, but has seldom used that feature. Overall, it works great, but I feel stupid for being attracted to all that non-essential baggage.

I just got to feeling too far behind the curve when I saw bargirls jockeying with their iphones, HTC's, and Galaxy s3's.

What was Thailand like before everyone in the country had their face buried in these phones?