Live in pattaya and never travel again

Chazchallenger

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I live in Pattaya( naklua) find it is generally convenient for many things, has plenty of faults also.

I`ve visited a fair few other places in Thailand, enjoyed them as well and no I wouldn`t judge Thailand just by Pattaya " standards".

Planning on seeing more of the rest of Thailand as well, when the time is right.smile.png

When I go see mates one my occasional trips to pattaya, I find it quite annoying the amount of people who think they know everything about Thailand and the only place they have ever been is pattaya. I mean they must of had some kind of traveller inside to end up in Thailand in the first place, so how come that becomes the end of there quest. Some people you meet generally believe that all Thailand is the same as pattaya and they lived there for 10 years plus.

Of course all Thailand is the same as Pattaya .

Thai people around speaking Thai , signs in Thai and everything else also in Thai .

Some places have high rise buildings and others do not.

Same model cars, same 7-11 stores and same national chains like big c or tesco

The only reason farangs go to Pattaya is well documented and the sooner the place is set out to sea and sunk the better for all Thai's around the world and Thailand as a whole!

CCC

CCC...you do know your generalising and talking through your bottom dont you ?...if only reason farangs go to Pattaya is for what your suggesting, then what are the Thai doing that go the Pattaya then for say the weekend ?

Although I dont live in Pattaya or the surrounding areas, I do go to Pattaya some weekends for DIY cr*p and shopping with the Mrs and cant understand why you would wish the set out to sea and sunk ?...blink.png ....No one is holding a gun to your head to live there, although you might get a gun to head once there...whistling.gif....everyone to their own me thinks, yes as a city Pattaya has its faults

Personally if I was only given only two options of places to live in Thailand for some reason, the wilds of Isaan or Pattaya/Jomtien or surrounding area's, I would be choosing the Pattaya option..

• Like 2

The only reason farangs go to Pattaya is well documented and the sooner the place is set out to sea and sunk the better for all Thai's around the world and Thailand as a whole!

CCC

CCC...you do know your generalising and talking through your bottom dont you ?...if only reason farangs go to Pattaya is for what your suggesting, then what are the Thai doing that go the Pattaya then for say the weekend ?

Although I dont live in Pattaya or the surrounding areas, I do go to Pattaya some weekends for DIY cr*p and shopping with the Mrs and cant understand why you would wish the set out to sea and sunk ?...blink.png ....No one is holding a gun to your head to live there, although you might get a gun to head once there...whistling.gif....everyone to their own me thinks, yes as a city Pattaya has its faults

Personally if I was only given only two options of places to live in Thailand for some reason, the wilds of Isaan or Pattaya/Jomtien or surrounding area's, I would be choosing the Pattaya option..

It's a common generalization assumed throughout the Western world!

( another incident happened last week....I was giving my mother and her friend a lift in the car and we was talking about traffic jams around the world because we was in one and we are all well travelled. Anyway i said something about Thai traffic jams and straight away mothers friend pipes up " my son and his mates go to Pattaya twice a year and have a great time!nudge, nudge, wink, wink," I used to this kind of comment. But what i don't need is one of my sons listening to this talk who was sat next to me.

The vast majority of farangs initially go to Pattaya for the underbelly. Yes, Thai's visit there. It's a huge city by the sea with the infrastructure that has the attraction.

Pattaya was built on a type of tourism and still relies heavily on it.

Yes, i agree most would prefer to live in a place with a large infrastructure as opposed to a field in Nakon Nowhere.

However, Thailand is a large country with many possibilities and options for places to live away from that dump.

Probally have to agree to disagree on this one mate!wai.gif

The sooner Pattaya is sent out to sea and sunk the better for the Thai nation and people in general .

CCC

Some people have travelled all over Thailand and still think Pattaya is the real Thailand.

I'm fairly sure a number of people I've encountered in Pattaya aren't absolutely certain what planet they're on.

And there are some people who have stayed in Thailand for years and think everything was perfect wherever it was they came from and it hasn't dawned on them yet that all the unsustainable nanny state perks they remember/imagined and that they believe they're entitled to are the reason their home country is sinking under unmanageable debt.

• Like 1

I live in Jomtien (virtually Pattaya) and, frankly, I am happy to stay there. In the six years i have lived in Thailand I have lived 3 of them here. I have travelled all over Thailand and this area suits me down to the ground. If I never travel again it will be too soon.

Unfortunately my work requires that I am abroad at least one week in four. But as for holidays I can get pretty much everything i want around here. It is, in my opinion, not better to travel than arrive.

But then I don't think I know everything about Thailand or Thai's. In fact I honestly believe the longer I am here the less I understand.

"In fact I honestly believe the longer I am here the less I understand."

[been here 21 years and I totally concur !]

cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

I can never quite figure out the rabid hatred of Pattaya by certain farangs on TV...is it because you actually wish you were there cos your sick of your dull life in the wild of issan or cant afford to live there ?

If I had to choose between a village in Esarn or Pattaya I'd choose to leave Thailand immediately and go somewhere that isn't a poor and boring village or a huge brothel beside a dirty beach and polluted sea.

I don't have that much experience of village life but generally places in the country or isolated areas bore me to tears after a day or two and the week I spent in Pattaya was the worst week I had in Thailand.

• Like 1

I can never quite figure out the rabid hatred of Pattaya by certain farangs on TV...is it because you actually wish you were there cos your sick of your dull life in the wild of issan or cant afford to live there ?

If I had to choose between a village in Esarn or Pattaya I'd choose to leave Thailand immediately and go somewhere that isn't a poor and boring village or a huge brothel beside a dirty beach and polluted sea.

I don't have that much experience of village life but generally places in the country or isolated areas bore me to tears after a day or two and the week I spent in Pattaya was the worst week I had in Thailand.

So living on the outskirts of Bangkok in a tiny studio, in constant search of cheap places is not enough of incentive for you to leave Thailand?

And you also consider Bangkok and its air to be clean?

Edited by lemoncake
  • Like 1

The sooner Pattaya is sent out to sea and sunk the better for the Thai nation and people in general .

But surely the Thai people and Thai nation know what's best for themselves, and if Pattaya was so "offensive" to them, it would have been closed down a long time ago.

The other thing Thailand doesnt need is more bloody farang do gooders riding in on their white horses trying to save the nation and knowing whats best for them

My opinion live and let live dear boy..thumbsup.gif

• Like 2

How could you possibly take anything serious from anyone who goes to spend their holidays/lives in Pattaya considering the overall quality or lack of of those people???

Because i have a Master's degree, i also have a few quid. Where i go and how i spend my time and money is no concern.

NOW GET A LIFE, OR START ENJOYING THE ONE YOU HAVE AND STOP TRYING TO BELITTLE OTHER'S.

• Like 1

So living on the outskirts of Bangkok in a tiny studio, in constant search of cheap places is not enough of incentive for you to leave Thailand?

And you also consider Bangkok and its air to be clean?

I live bang in the centre of BKK in a spacious studio (for BKK apartment size) and not sure what searching for cheap places you're talking about I go where I please and do what I want without too much though on the budget.

Also I forgot to mention Pattaya being full of sexpats and the lower rungs of Thai society is another reason I can't stand the place.

I if the beach was nice it might make the place more agreeable but it's a dump and seaside towns and beaches should not be dumps.

If I want pollution, traffic and dirt I can stay in BKK as it also happens to have plenty of plus points and the sexpats and hooker are very easily avoided here.

Are you by any chance one of those people who thinks Pattaya is 'heaven'?