Live in pattaya and never travel again

Chazchallenger

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Another Pattaya-bashing thread : how very droll. We desperately need some new material, guys. wink.png

How about Isaan bashing ?biggrin.png

Actually, that does pose the question ... where is a place in Thailand that isn't bashed?

Must a place somewhere?

I've been to Surin, for example ... haven't seen that it the ring ... yet.

• Like 1

I mean they must of had some kind of traveller inside to end up in Thailand in the first place

Not really, one suspects many came to Thailand to ensure they could get to play hide the sausage on a regular basis in their declining years

+1 There is a world of difference between travelling to far off country's and culture's with a backpack.

Exploring the vast continents and non beaten tracks of the world.

The only reason farangs go to Pattaya is well documented and the sooner the place is set out to sea and sunk the better for all Thai's around the world and Thailand as a whole!

CCC

There is a smell of smug self important superiority I detect in these postings. I have traveled over most of Asia, and most of it was in my younger years when it was not easy, like it is now. People who boast about being big time travelers..... do they share their stool samples to show the exotic parasites they've gotten?

Yes there is a world of difference for doing the whole backpacking thing. But if that is all you do, is there not a certain type of sameness to your difference? Hide the sausage or get malaria. Your call.

And "the only reason farangs go to Pattaya is well documented..." has the stink of self righteous tell others how to live and if they don't, then go to hell attitude. Part of Taliban? About as rigid. Do what you like to do, and get your head screwed on straight and grant them the right to live their lives the way they want to, BTW I live in Jomtien, and I don't drink (but could, not an alcoholic) and don't go chasing whores. Plenty I know do, it is their choice. So I do not fit into your "only reason" view.

• Like 2

I mean they must of had some kind of traveller inside to end up in Thailand in the first place

Not really, one suspects many came to Thailand to ensure they could get to play hide the sausage on a regular basis in their declining years

+1 There is a world of difference between travelling to far off country's and culture's with a backpack.

The only reason farangs go to Pattaya is well documented and the sooner the place is set out to sea and sunk the better for all Thai's around the world and Thailand as a whole!

CCC

"changchang" has has rendered his verdict. now we wait for opinions from "singhasingha and laolao".

coffee1.gif

post-4641-1156694606.gif.pagespeed.ce.-w playing the player not the ballbiggrin.png

CCC

Finally someone had spoken of this issue...you are damp right about Farang knows everything..that's why i ignore them most occasion wherever go especially in Bangkok or the Farang nest is..worst still if there is a Thai lady with them and this bloody Thai lady will make thing worst by adding pepper and salt which is why most Farang behaves that way...they think by staying here long enough to know everything but actually they don't have the actual facts of Thailand..when they assumed something and they think are damp right and they will go on bullshiting to their new friends...

"Hello remember one thing...you can bluff about your own country but you don't know shit about Thailand maybe just Pattaya or Phuket..that far you could go...

I would love to have a real chat to new comers if they would ask my advice about real Thailand....this are the people you can find them all over Soi Nana and all the centre Soi's in Pattaya...and also Soi Bangla....

I live in Jomtien (virtually Pattaya) and, frankly, I am happy to stay there. In the six years i have lived in Thailand I have lived 3 of them here. I have travelled all over Thailand and this area suits me down to the ground. If I never travel again it will be too soon.

Unfortunately my work requires that I am abroad at least one week in four. But as for holidays I can get pretty much everything i want around here. It is, in my opinion, not better to travel than arrive.

But then I don't think I know everything about Thailand or Thai's. In fact I honestly believe the longer I am here the less I understand.

Ah an honest response to the OP.

I recall one Pattaya resident claiming he knew all about Thai's from watching a 7 11 on the walking street.

I will admit if you want to know all the seedier side of life you can learn it in Pattaya. But that is only in a part of Pattaya.

Some people have travelled all over Thailand and still think Pattaya is the real Thailand.

... for them, Pattaya is the real Thailand.

Perception is Reality ... and their Reality suits them.

Travel, however, does broaden the mind ... whistling.gif

BTW ... I happen to like Pattaya just fine. For all it's ills and misgivings ... facepalm.gif

You are talking about the mind above the belt.

Pattaya will definatly broaden the other one even elongated it.tongue.png

CCC

There is a smell of smug self important superiority I detect in these postings. I have traveled over most of Asia, and most of it was in my younger years when it was not easy, like it is now. People who boast about being big time travelers..... do they share their stool samples to show the exotic parasites they've gotten?

Yes there is a world of difference for doing the whole backpacking thing. But if that is all you do, is there not a certain type of sameness to your difference? Hide the sausage or get malaria. Your call.

And "the only reason farangs go to Pattaya is well documented..." has the stink of self righteous tell others how to live and if they don't, then go to hell attitude. Part of Taliban? About as rigid. Do what you like to do, and get your head screwed on straight and grant them the right to live their lives the way they want to, BTW I live in Jomtien, and I don't drink (but could, not an alcoholic) and don't go chasing whores. Plenty I know do, it is their choice. So I do not fit into your "only reason" view.

No you don't but you are not far from the OPs Pattaya people think they know it all.

Another Pattaya-bashing thread : how very droll. We desperately need some new material, guys. wink.png

How about Isaan bashing ?biggrin.png

Actually, that does pose the question ... where is a place in Thailand that isn't bashed?

Must a place somewhere?

I've been to Surin, for example ... haven't seen that it the ring ... yet.

satun hasn't been bashed. great place...

I live in Jomtien (virtually Pattaya) and, frankly, I am happy to stay there. In the six years i have lived in Thailand I have lived 3 of them here. I have travelled all over Thailand and this area suits me down to the ground. If I never travel again it will be too soon.

Unfortunately my work requires that I am abroad at least one week in four. But as for holidays I can get pretty much everything i want around here. It is, in my opinion, not better to travel than arrive.

But then I don't think I know everything about Thailand or Thai's. In fact I honestly believe the longer I am here the less I understand.

"In fact I honestly believe the longer I am here the less I understand."

[been here 21 years and I totally concur !]

cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

I find quite the opposite but I don't live in Pattaya.

• Like 1

There are no falang that are experts on Thailand and its people. Thai people and Thai culture are quintessentially Asian but with a twist. As rudyard Kipling pointed out more than a century ago "Beware of the Asian Brown". Throughout Thailand the deep seated culture has grown out of Animalistic Superstition and a belief in ghosts mixed with a non-conventional form of Buddhism. The values, aspirations and behaviour of Thai people is unique even within Asia. However hard I try to convince myself that the Thai are similar to their Asian cousins I surrender to the fact that the Thai are actually unique after all.

On the subject of Pattaya I like to point out that the fathers of the city are very proud of it as are many Thai. But there are also Thai that wish Pattaya was anywhere but in Thailand.

• Like 1

25 years in Thailand, and I chose Isan. Clean air, no hassles, our own garden with fruits and vegies. Why the hell would anyone want to live in Pattaya, or Bangkok for that matter. Been there. Tried them both for quite some time. No thanks.

Spade didn't say this, as it was initially posted. I did. Not sure how that happened. That's why I edited the post.

Can i ask why you moved to Isaan, did you go with your Girlfriend or Wife by any chance ?

You also tried Pattaya and Bangkok for quite some time, how long did it take you to find out you never liked really liked them ? hahahahaha.

I moved to Isarn about 10 years ago after living in Bangkok for 10 years. Bangkok is alright, especially when you're young. Pattaya, I've been to a few times but no longer than 2 days - it's a horrible place. The ironic thing is that all those going for sex there, which is most of the them regardless what some residents try to fool themselves by saying otherwise, could get it all better in places like Isarn or Bangkok.

I moved to Isarn as I love it. I did move with my Thai wife but she isn't from Isarn and loves it too. I live in a large city with lots to do.

• Like 1

CCC

Every town I visit has a little Pattaya in it; even in deepest Issan there are beer bars and the attending girls lurking in shady back streets!

• Like 2

CCC

Every town I visit has a little Pattaya in it; even in deepest Issan there are beer bars and the attending girls lurking in shady back streets!

They're called prostitutes and you'll find them in any town in the world.

Big time.

A lot meet their future wife in Pattaya, than live somewhere upcountry.

Than you get these postings...all Thais are this way or that way....

A lot meet their future ex-wives there too...

Very true :)

Pattaya has become a cesspool containing the dregs of human society

Oh dear.

They're called prostitutes and you'll find them in any town in the world.

Most older expats in Thailand prefer to refer to them as their girlfriend or wife rather than prostitute.

Hang around beer bars ............. YES

Paying women to talk to me ........YES

Paying for sex ............................YES

I think the bit about paying a women is 100% for everyone we all pay in the long run maybe a girlfriend or wife.,but as they say nothing in life is free.

By the way i hope you don't get lost in your shoe box, and i won't be asking you to put me up next time i am in BKK.

PS Leave the PC alone now and get back to your homework.

Yeah everyone pays in one way or another, we've heard it all before, same same but different.

My homework is all done for today. Finished at 5pm and went away out for the night.

Was fed, plied with whisky, and shown a good time by a Thai girl I know all at her expense.

But we all pay for it one way or another, right?

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW a SPACIOUS STUDIO do you mean a room hahahahaha. I take it you went to Thailand to train as a MONK ?

Yes I mean a room. Just under 40 sqm. Commonly known as a 'studio apartment' in Thailand. And before you tell me I'm living in a shoe box I don't care.

Sure it's small but you can pay double the price of what I do in BKK and not get anything bigger. Most people I know have small 20-25sqm studios.

Not sure what the training as a monk thing is about but I'll tell you what I didn't come here for to hang around in beer bars paying women to talk to me and have sex with me. I suspect you might have.

Not so long ago you were claiming to go to NICE bars where bottle of whisky is sold for 1000 baht including mixer.

I could be out of my mind or totally out of touch, but being bang in the center of Bangkok, i never saw any even remotely decent bars selling whisky bottles for 1000 baht.

Though 7-11 and familymarts do.

Also correct me if i am wrong, but center of Bangkok, would that be around Nana or Patpong? or do you consider Onnut past soi 150 or so to be the center of the city?

Yes i am one of those people who thinks Pattaya is heaven and a great place to live, but then again i do not go searching for GOOD bars with 1000 baht whisky including mixerxthumbsup.gif.pagespeed.ic.ysn6H7pBDU.we alt=thumbsup.gif width=25 height=19>

PS. Forgot to mention, i also actually work and run a business in Thailand for just over a decadexw00t.gif.pagespeed.ic.mm3WWmVptC.webp alt=w00t.gif width=18 height=20>

Yes you claimed you can't buy whisky anywhere than some run down street bar for 1000B.

Trust me you are out of touch plenty of perfectly decent bars in BKK sell even Red Label for 1,000B and much cheaper (350-400B) for Sangsom (rum I know) and other local whisky.

Places populated with Thai students, office workers, professionals and expats. No sexpats though they don't like it as there's no women dancing semi naked on stage or telling them they are handsum man.

No I don't live anywhere close to Patpong or Nana nor On Nut.

Soon as you mention you think Pattaya is heaven your opinions become worthless IMO.

Ten years living here and you still don't have a clue.

It might be a good idea to stop calling stools outside 7-11 as good clubs.

Sangsom price at 7-11 is 330 baht . You sure know all the good places.

PS. Decade means 12 not 10, Maths and numbers not your best friends ?!

Edited by lemoncake

My local bar charges 340B for a large bottle of Sangson and it's most certainly not a stool outside 7/11. Very well known and popular bar in the area bang in the centre of town.

I was out tonight in Ratchathewi and Phray a Thai BTS areas. The bars round there all charge around the 350-400B price for a large Sangsom.

If you're only interested in Nana Plaza and Go Go bars then you won't know these places and they certainly aren't messing you.

Edited by TheSpade

My local bar charges 340B for a large bottle of Sangson and it's most certainly not a stool outside 7/11. Very well known and popular bar in the area bang in the centre of town.

I was out tonight in Ratchathewi and Phray a Thai BTS areas. The bars round there all charge around the 350-400B price for a large Sangsom.

Yeah the more you talk the less credibility you have, keep it up.

Name the bar and your bang center? And before you do , do light thinking how and why a bar would sell something same price as 7-11

PS. Try cheap Charlie's , great place where you will feel very comfy, though it might be little over priced for you

Edited by lemoncake

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW a SPACIOUS STUDIO do you mean a room hahahahaha. I take it you went to Thailand to train as a MONK ?

Yes I mean a room. Just under 40 sqm. Commonly known as a 'studio apartment' in Thailand. And before you tell me I'm living in a shoe box I don't care.

Sure it's small but you can pay double the price of what I do in BKK and not get anything bigger. Most people I know have small 20-25sqm studios.

Not sure what the training as a monk thing is about but I'll tell you what I didn't come here for to hang around in beer bars paying women to talk to me and have sex with me. I suspect you might have.

Not so long ago you were claiming to go to NICE bars where bottle of whisky is sold for 1000 baht including mixer.

I could be out of my mind or totally out of touch, but being bang in the center of Bangkok, i never saw any even remotely decent bars selling whisky bottles for 1000 baht.

Though 7-11 and familymarts do.

Also correct me if i am wrong, but center of Bangkok, would that be around Nana or Patpong? or do you consider Onnut past soi 150 or so to be the center of the city?

Yes i am one of those people who thinks Pattaya is heaven and a great place to live, but then again i do not go searching for GOOD bars with 1000 baht whisky including mixerxthumbsup.gif.pagespeed.ic.ysn6H7pBDU.we alt=thumbsup.gif width=25 height=19>

PS. Forgot to mention, i also actually work and run a business in Thailand for just over a decadexw00t.gif.pagespeed.ic.mm3WWmVptC.webp alt=w00t.gif width=18 height=20>

Yes you claimed you can't buy whisky anywhere than some run down street bar for 1000B.

Trust me you are out of touch plenty of perfectly decent bars in BKK sell even Red Label for 1,000B and much cheaper (350-400B) for Sangsom (rum I know) and other local whisky.

Places populated with Thai students, office workers, professionals and expats. No sexpats though they don't like it as there's no women dancing semi naked on stage or telling them they are handsum man.

No I don't live anywhere close to Patpong or Nana nor On Nut.

Soon as you mention you think Pattaya is heaven your opinions become worthless IMO.

Ten years living here and you still don't have a clue.

It might be a good idea to stop calling stools outside 7-11 as good clubs.

Sangsom price at 7-11 is 330 baht . You sure know all the good places.

PS. Decade means 12 not 10, Maths and numbers not your best friends ?!

English and Greek are not your best friends.

I suppose the decathlon has 12 events, decimal system has 12 numbers, a decagon has 12 sides and a decapod has 12 legs???

• Like 1