Live in pattaya and never travel again

Chazchallenger

My local bar charges 340B for a large bottle of Sangson and it's most certainly not a stool outside 7/11. Very well known and popular bar in the area bang in the centre of town.

I was out tonight in Ratchathewi and Phray a Thai BTS areas. The bars round there all charge around the 350-400B price for a large Sangsom.

If you're only interested in Nana Plaza and Go Go bars then you won't know these places and they certainly aren't messing you.

Sang Som, the exquisite drink for the discerning Gentleman cheesy.gif

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sangsom is better than any of the local whisky and there's no point in spending money on JW when it's such a dreadful whisky or a proper single malt seeing as any Thai you are with is going to mix it with ice and coke or soda.

May as well just drink the cheap local filth. Tastes the same when mixed anyway.

And again it's very possible to get a big bottle of Red Label for around the 1,000B mark in many bars across BKK.

Another Pattaya-bashing thread : how very droll. We desperately need some new material, guys. wink.png

How about Isaan bashing ?biggrin.png

Actually, that does pose the question ... where is a place in Thailand that isn't bashed?

Must a place somewhere?

I've been to Surin, for example ... haven't seen that it the ring ... yet.

Surin, and every other northeast province, is included every time someone takes a jab at 'Isaan' or 'Nakhon Nowhere'.

If I had to nominate a town that doesn't get a whole lot of keystrokes on TV, it would be Hua Hin, and I'm guessing that the expats who live there are very happy about that. I've seen the odd comment re Hua Hin being 'boring', but that hasn't been my experience, even if 3am Karaoke isnt normally my first choice in entertainment.

They're called prostitutes and you'll find them in any town in the world.

Most older expats in Thailand prefer to refer to them as their girlfriend or wife rather than prostitute.

Hang around beer bars ............. YES

Paying women to talk to me ........YES

Paying for sex ............................YES

I think the bit about paying a women is 100% for everyone we all pay in the long run maybe a girlfriend or wife.,but as they say nothing in life is free.

By the way i hope you don't get lost in your shoe box, and i won't be asking you to put me up next time i am in BKK.

PS Leave the PC alone now and get back to your homework.

Yeah everyone pays in one way or another, we've heard it all before, same same but different.

My homework is all done for today. Finished at 5pm and went away out for the night.

Was fed, plied with whisky, and shown a good time by a Thai girl I know all at her expense.

But we all pay for it one way or another, right?

blink.png oh dear a bit low that one.

Actually, that does pose the question ... where is a place in Thailand that isn't bashed?

Must a place somewhere?

satun hasn't been bashed. great place...

Just had a quick look at the place ... seems very quiet.

Do you live in the general area?

Another Pattaya-bashing thread : how very droll. We desperately need some new material, guys. wink.png

How about Isaan bashing ?biggrin.png

Must a place somewhere?

Surin, and every other northeast province, is included every time someone takes a jab at 'Isaan' or 'Nakhon Nowhere'.

If I had to nominate a town that doesn't get a whole lot of keystrokes on TV, it would be Hua Hin, and I'm guessing that the expats who live there are very happy about that. I've seen the odd comment re Hua Hin being 'boring', but that hasn't been my experience, even if 3am Karaoke isnt normally my first choice in entertainment.

Good point MrWW

It beggars belief that farangs take their families to Pattaya when there is a suitable family seaside resort the same distance from Bangkok!

Hau Hin the Royal resort and much more how Thailand is in reality, cultured and refined.

None of that neon light sleaze, relentless crime, dirt and dubious tourists.

Who would take their kids to Pattaya????Let's keep it real!

Pattaya = Archilles heal of Thailand!

CCC

They're called prostitutes and you'll find them in any town in the world.

Most older expats in Thailand prefer to refer to them as their girlfriend or wife rather than prostitute.

Hang around beer bars ............. YES

Paying women to talk to me ........YES

Paying for sex ............................YES

I think the bit about paying a women is 100% for everyone we all pay in the long run maybe a girlfriend or wife.,but as they say nothing in life is free.

By the way i hope you don't get lost in your shoe box, and i won't be asking you to put me up next time i am in BKK.

PS Leave the PC alone now and get back to your homework.

Yeah everyone pays in one way or another, we've heard it all before, same same but different.

My homework is all done for today. Finished at 5pm and went away out for the night.

Was fed, plied with whisky, and shown a good time by a Thai girl I know all at her expense.

But we all pay for it one way or another, right?

blink.png oh dear a bit low that one.

She paid woooooooooow you must be some guy in the sack. Or is she your sugar Mammy ?

Good point MrWW

It beggars belief that farangs take their families to Pattaya when there is a suitable family seaside resort the same distance from Bangkok!

Hau Hin the Royal resort and much more how Thailand is in reality, cultured and refined.

CCC

Have you ever been to Hau (sorry Hua) Hin?

Is it really, neon light, crime, dirt & dubious tourist free.

huh.png

Edited by davethailand

Good point MrWW

CCC

huh.png

You don't hear any Hau Hin residents complaining on here about Thailand.

Pattaya on the other hand.....whistling.gif

CCC

CCC, a couple of points:

- unless they've done some major work on the road, HH is at least another 30 minutes further away from central BKK than Pattaya - a small consideration, but for those getting off a plane at Swampy for a holiday it may not be so small. Pattaya is very handy to Suvarnabhumi.

- Pattaya is what it is, and I doubt that there is a Thai over the age of 15 who doesnt recognise that, just as I recognise that Kings Cross and the Gold Coast are 'Australia' purely by virtue of their geographical location. In every other respect, they are a fabrication designed to appeal to people with more money than sense - Disneyland for the unwary.

- I have no idea why Russian families take their kids to Pattaya - it wouldnt be my choice for a family holiday - but that's their problem, not Pattaya's. Similarly, I wouldnt advise anyone in Oz to take their kids out anywhere on the Gold Coast strip at night, but people do.

Personally, I dont know why we have to continually bash Pattaya - we all know it contains one of the world's largest nightlife precincts, and most of us know what it looks like during the day : it's an easy target. For all that, there are dozens of TV regulars who manage to live in the quieter parts of the town without apparent brain injury - do we really need these endless threads about the evils of Pattaya ? When I get off a plane in BKK, I dont have to go south to find Farang who profess to know everything about Thailand - most days, I wouldnt even have to leave the arrivals hall !

I know nothing about Thailand, but I dont even have to go to Thailand to get a grip on the close-minded attitudes that some of us develop as we head into our later years.

Edited by MrWorldwide
  • Like 1

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW a SPACIOUS STUDIO do you mean a room hahahahaha. I take it you went to Thailand to train as a MONK ?

Yes I mean a room. Just under 40 sqm. Commonly known as a 'studio apartment' in Thailand. And before you tell me I'm living in a shoe box I don't care.

Sure it's small but you can pay double the price of what I do in BKK and not get anything bigger. Most people I know have small 20-25sqm studios.

Not sure what the training as a monk thing is about but I'll tell you what I didn't come here for to hang around in beer bars paying women to talk to me and have sex with me. I suspect you might have.

Not so long ago you were claiming to go to NICE bars where bottle of whisky is sold for 1000 baht including mixer.

I could be out of my mind or totally out of touch, but being bang in the center of Bangkok, i never saw any even remotely decent bars selling whisky bottles for 1000 baht.

Though 7-11 and familymarts do.

Also correct me if i am wrong, but center of Bangkok, would that be around Nana or Patpong? or do you consider Onnut past soi 150 or so to be the center of the city?

Yes i am one of those people who thinks Pattaya is heaven and a great place to live, but then again i do not go searching for GOOD bars with 1000 baht whisky including mixerxthumbsup.gif.pagespeed.ic.ysn6H7pBDU.we alt=thumbsup.gif width=25 height=19>

PS. Forgot to mention, i also actually work and run a business in Thailand for just over a decadexw00t.gif.pagespeed.ic.mm3WWmVptC.webp alt=w00t.gif width=18 height=20>

Yes you claimed you can't buy whisky anywhere than some run down street bar for 1000B.

Trust me you are out of touch plenty of perfectly decent bars in BKK sell even Red Label for 1,000B and much cheaper (350-400B) for Sangsom (rum I know) and other local whisky.

Places populated with Thai students, office workers, professionals and expats. No sexpats though they don't like it as there's no women dancing semi naked on stage or telling them they are handsum man.

No I don't live anywhere close to Patpong or Nana nor On Nut.

Soon as you mention you think Pattaya is heaven your opinions become worthless IMO.

Ten years living here and you still don't have a clue.

It might be a good idea to stop calling stools outside 7-11 as good clubs.

Sangsom price at 7-11 is 330 baht . You sure know all the good places.

PS. Decade means 12 not 10, Maths and numbers not your best friends ?!

I strongly recommend that one engage brain before posting, even a 5 year old knows that a decade is 10 years, Yet you lambast fellow TV members that do not agree with you that a Century is 144 Years! May I suggest a maths refresher course. Don't you feel a right lemon now?

Good point MrWW

CCC

huh.png

You don't hear any Hau Hin residents complaining on here about Thailand.

Pattaya on the other hand.....whistling.gif

CCC

I live in Pattaya and i'm not complaining about Thailand.

Also been to Hua Hin a few times, its ok but I prefer Pattaya but thats my opinion.

:)

CCC, a couple of points:

- unless they've done some major work on the road, HH is at least another 30 minutes further away from central BKK than Pattaya - a small consideration, but for those getting off a plane at Swampy for a holiday it may not be so small. Pattaya is very handy to Suvarnabhumi.

- Pattaya is what it is, and I doubt that there is a Thai over the age of 15 who doesnt recognise that, just as I recognise that Kings Cross and the Gold Coast are 'Australia' purely by virtue of their geographical location. In every other respect, they are a fabrication designed to appeal to people with more money than sense - Disneyland for the unwary.

- I have no idea why Russian families take their kids to Pattaya - it wouldnt be my choice for a family holiday - but that's their problem, not Pattaya's. Similarly, I wouldnt advise anyone in Oz to take their kids out anywhere on the Gold Coast strip at night, but people do.

Personally, I dont know why we have to continually bash Pattaya - we all know it contains one of the world's largest nightlife precincts, and most of us know what it looks like during the day : it's an easy target. For all that, there are dozens of TV regulars who manage to live in the quieter parts of the town without apparent brain injury - do we really need these endless threads about the evils of Pattaya ? When I get off a plane in BKK, I dont have to go south to find Farang who profess to know everything about Thailand - most days, I wouldnt even have to leave the arrivals hall !

I know nothing about Thailand, but I dont even have to go to Thailand to get a grip on the close-minded attitudes that some of us develop as we head into our later years.

A lot more than 30 mins. :)

CCC, a couple of points:

Fair point's well made.

The reasoning behind the continually bashing of Pattaya stems from the trouble it causes Thai's from it's reputation abroad.

Thailand should annex Pattaya as a separate state or clean it up after all Thailand really does not need this kind of tourism as it has much more to offer to most minded people.

CCC

I strongly recommend that one engage brain before posting, even a 5 year old knows that a decade is 10 years, Yet you lambast fellow TV members that do not agree with you that a Century is 144 Years! May I suggest a maths refresher course. Don't you feel a right lemon now?

I would also strongly suggest one engages brain before not only posting but speaking.

What does century or years have to do with my post?

Perhaps some reading and comprehetion lessons?

Lets try to break it down like to a 5 year old.

I said i have worked and lived in Thailand for over a decade.

Other poster replied, if i lived here for 10 years i should know more.

Decade is 12 years, poster translated decade into 10.

• Like 1

I would also strongly suggest one engages brain before not only posting but speaking.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Decade

You needed to look this up in wikipedia ..whistling.gif

and they say the Thai education system is bed...rolleyes.gif

Horses for courses innit.

Live where and how you like.

Most Pattaya residents will have seen plenty of Esarn. The real Thailand apparently.

Yeah, I have seen a good bit of it and would rather live near Pattaya than out in the middle of nowhere. Many of the Issarn cities don't appeal to me .... to be honest they are dumps, too big and too hot. But the villages are too remote and lacking. I did a year long Thai tour and ended up here, and once financially and socially committed one is less likely to want to move.

If I have a friend coming in who doesn't live in Thailand I do try and help them out with insider information (baht buses are 10 baht here, this isn't rip-off Phuket.. :D) . Perhaps it is a form of ageing and boredom to want to impart information.

• Like 1

I have to say to The Spade and Lemoncake you've made this thread great fun. It was pretty even till the repeated decade blunder - which had me laughing out loud. Sorry Mr Spade but please could you two think of another topic to square up to about? It's great stuff.

• Like 1

an ordinary decade is 10 years, a lemon decade is 12 years. case closed!

laugh.png

• Like 1

Good point MrWW

CCC

"Archilles heal of Thailand!" best of the day! cheesy.gif

• Like 1

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/No

I mean they must of had some kind of traveller inside to end up in Thailand in the first place

Not really, one suspects many came to Thailand to ensure they could get to play hide the sausage on a regular basis in their declining years

+1 There is a world of difference between travelling to far off country's and culture's with a backpack.

Exploring the vast continents and non beaten tracks of the world.

The only reason farangs go to Pattaya is well documented and the sooner the place is set out to sea and sunk the better for all Thai's around the world and Thailand as a whole!

CCC

You really want to see thousands of Thai's and their families starve?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/No

I swear all my life I believed decade is 12 years, no idea why.

Thanks for pointing out