ATMs bombed at more than 20 locations in southern provinces

webfact

Could someone educate me ... why kill the teachers?

For much the reason they target monks; because they're seen as promoting un-Islamic/anti-Islamic agendas in the eyes of these cretins.

Hardly. They are seen as agents of the Thai State, which of course they are, and are carrying out the State's policy of cultural genocide against the Malu-muslim population of the region.

malu muslim? What is that?

Anyway these states have long been under thai rule for a damn long time.

A few centuries ago i believe.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

AbuBacon knows a bit about terrorists. And these idiots in the south don't qualify. Prey why a security grid hasn't been in place for the last 10 years I don't know. If it was we'd have sorted the men from the boys by now and the real tellolists would've taken a flight to Syria.... Via Libya by now.. Could wipe them out in a week if somchai the soldier was given the green light to use what he uses best.... m69z. ... Sorry m79 s

I wonder why don't you see former regions of cambodia now part of thailand do this? Why don't you see northern thais who were under laos for example do this?

Thailand has invaded Cambodia several times this century and only returned the land after WWII. Victory Monument erected by the Thai fascist dictator Phibun celebrates the 1942 invasion I believe.

Siem Reap means 'defeat of Siam' in Khmer.

Let's not forget the border skirmishes a couple of years ago, and the continuing killing of illegal loggers along the Cambodian-Thai border by Thai paramilitary forces.

The Thais backed the Khmer Rouge in the 70's and 80's against the Vietnamese in Western Cambodia. Pol Pot had safe haven in Trat for many years after the genocides were exposed by the Vietnamese.

The problem in the South is that the Thais claim sovereignty over the majority Malay Muslim provinces, and would have had another seven more that form part of modern Malaysia had it not been for the British. There has been an agreement that the Sultanates would pay tribute to Siam but in 1909 they were annexed as part of Siam lock, stock and barrel. The troubles escalated in 2004 but there has been an independence movement for decades. Those who support independence (and it should be noted many do not), cite Thai authorities corruption and incompetence, neglect of the local culture, language and traditions as reasons. It has many parallels with the troubles in N.I. but it should be noted in just eight years of violence many more were killed in Southern Thailand than in all of the 39 years there.

• Like 1

The situation is not solvable. Never. At least not with present frame of mind of opposing parties.

Muslims do not go out to blow up bombs and kill people. Terrorists do. The fact that these terrorists incidentally are Muslims means nothing. There have been and are terrorists among any religious groups

You can not talk sense to terrorists.

You can not use normal logic, laws etc. with terrorists.

To solve the problem you need measures abhorrent to normal people in normal society.

This is unthinkable? unacceptable? Fine! But until you can think and accept this -

The problem is never solvable.

In short, to deal effectively with terrorism you must think and act like terrorist.

Any nice furry cuddly loving characters not agreeable with this are welcome to suggest another way. And make sure it is working! and acceptable to terrorists!

Might i ask you why is it so easy to make a terrorist out of a "moderate" muslim? You simply don't see that with other religions. Do you think a buddhist could be converted to being a terrorist?

Look up Group 969 in Burma

I wonder why don't you see former regions of cambodia now part of thailand do this? Why don't you see northern thais who were under laos for example do this?

Thailand has invaded Cambodia several times this century and only returned the land after WWII. Victory Monument erected by the Thai fascist dictator Phibun celebrates the 1942 invasion I believe.

Siem Reap means 'defeat of Siam' in Khmer.

Let's not forget the border skirmishes a couple of years ago, and the continuing killing of illegal loggers along the Cambodian-Thai border by Thai paramilitary forces.

The Thais backed the Khmer Rouge in the 70's and 80's against the Vietnamese in Western Cambodia. Pol Pot had safe haven in Trat for many years after the genocides were exposed by the Vietnamese.

The problem in the South is that the Thais claim sovereignty over the majority Malay Muslim provinces, and would have had another seven more that form part of modern Malaysia had it not been for the British. There has been an agreement that the Sultanates would pay tribute to Siam but in 1909 they were annexed as part of Siam lock, stock and barrel. The troubles escalated in 2004 but there has been an independence movement for decades. Those who support independence (and it should be noted many do not), cite Thai authorities corruption and incompetence, neglect of the local culture, language and traditions as reasons. It has many parallels with the troubles in N.I. but it should be noted in just eight years of violence many more were killed in Southern Thailand than in all of the 39 years there.

Don't say the brits actually helped a few malay states to freedom. That isn't the case. It was just that the brits couldn't maintain all their empires. The fact of the matter is the brits managed to get a few malay states free from thai rule only to be under the british during that time they had the treaty/

The situation is not solvable. Never. At least not with present frame of mind of opposing parties.

Muslims do not go out to blow up bombs and kill people. Terrorists do. The fact that these terrorists incidentally are Muslims means nothing. There have been and are terrorists among any religious groups

To solve the problem you need measures abhorrent to normal people in normal society.

This is unthinkable? unacceptable? Fine! But until you can think and accept this -

In short, to deal effectively with terrorism you must think and act like terrorist.

Any nice furry cuddly loving characters not agreeable with this are welcome to suggest another way. And make sure it is working! and acceptable to terrorists!

Might i ask you why is it so easy to make a terrorist out of a "moderate" muslim? You simply don't see that with other religions. Do you think a buddhist could be converted to being a terrorist?

That's just 1 out of many muslim terrorists.

That's just 1 out of many muslim terrorists.

Sure, also beginning in Sri Lanka, have to see if the government has the necessary will to keep a lid on it. Would you call the Thai Buddhist death squads operating in the deep South terrorists? Of course no comparison to the level of killings and mayhem being created by Islamic extremists in other parts of the world

"Would you call the Thai Buddhist death squads operating in the deep South terrorists?"

My impression is that these are exaggerated by people such as human rights NGOs, who seem to be more concerned with terrorists' human rights than with everyone else's. They are exacting revenge justice when the Thai authorities do not successfully prosecute a known offender. So no I dont consider these to be terrorists, if youre looking for terrorists in S Thai then youre looking at Muslim fanatics.

Edited by squarethecircle

"Would you call the Thai Buddhist death squads operating in the deep South terrorists?"

My impression is that these are exaggerated by people such as human rights NGOs, who seem to be more concerned with terrorists' human rights than with everyone else's. They are exacting revenge justice when the Thai authorities do not successfully prosecute a known offender. So no I dont consider these to be terrorists, if youre looking for terrorists in S Thai then youre looking at Muslim fanatics.

Let's agree to differ as I believe extrajudicial killings just exacerbate the cycle of killing. In conjunction with the use of torture and disappearances would come under the heading of State terrorism.

Human rights organisations such as Human Rights Watch and Amnesty International have commented upon the killing of civilians by the insurgents/terrorists e.g.

"Past abuses provide absolutely no justification for retaliatory attacks against civilians. The situation in Thailand's South is a tragic replay of abuses and violence committed by both separatists and Thai security forces"

"Suspected insurgents continue to abuse flagrantly international law by targeting and indiscriminately attacking civilians in the Thai south"

Sure, also beginning in Sri Lanka, have to see if the government has the necessary will to keep a lid on it. Would you call the Thai Buddhist death squads operating in the deep South terrorists? Of course no comparison to the level of killings and mayhem being created by Islamic extremists in other parts of the world

there are thai buddhist death squads?

Yeah...they wear army and police uniforms...remember Somchai Neelapaijit!

Yes, who do you think are tracking down & killings alleged insurgents who are released from custody for lack of evidence. Also the armed Buddhist villager protection teams who sometimes carry out vigilante/revenge killings. In any case the history is there in Thai society, as during Thaksin’s War on Drugs approx 2,300 were murdered during extrajudicial killings in a three month period.