Italian Restaurant in Chang Mai?

Waterloo

Hi

Going to be in Chang Mai in the first week of november with the family & was wondering if anyone could recommend a good Italian restaurant?

I know some will ask you are flying all the way to Thailand & you want to eat Italian food?

But Italian food is the Wifes (wife is Thai) favourite and currently having to very young children eating out at home is a rare luxury.

Thanking you in advance for any input

Beccofino's on Nimmanheiman Soi 7. They have an excellent set lunch for 350 baht and a more extensive menu, too. Great ambiance. The tables aren't too close together like in some of the place mentioned and the staff does an excellent job.

• Like 1

All good recommendations above. And there are more! Lots of Italians in Chiang Mai trying to work it out by running a restaurant. Ask UG about the one near his bookstore. And then there is Abaleno, or something like that.

Foreigners in Chiang Mai can be terribly picky, but there is a plethora of Italian restaurants in town who do just fine. This is not Italy!

Or, dam_n! Now the pizza posters will take over the thread!! Prepare for cyber fisticuffs! rolleyes.gif

Edited by Mapguy
  • Like 2

Ask UG about the one near his bookstore.

Da Stephano. I love the chicken with wine sauce and mashed potatoes. Mapguy is right. There are lots of good Italian restaurants in Chiang Mai - all over the place..

Edited by Ulysses G.
  • Like 1

Da Stephano. I love the chicken with wine sauce and mashed potatoes. Mapguy is right. There are lots of good Italian restaurants in Chiang Mai - all over the place..

So true, good restaurants everywhere, I had forgot about it, I have been often and will go again, I find it interesting the different reviews though.

http://www.tripadvisor.in/Restaurant_Review-g293917-d965967-Reviews-Pulcinella_da_Stefano-Chiang_Mai.html

Out of interest what sort of book store, any connection with your user name?

All good recommendations above. And there are more! Lots of Italians in Chiang Mai trying to work it out by running a restaurant. Ask UG about the one near his bookstore. And then there is Abaleno, or something like that.

Foreigners in Chiang Mai can be terribly picky, but there is a plethora of Italian restaurants in town who do just fine. This is not Italy!

Or, dam_n! Now the pizza posters will take over the thread!! Prepare for cyber fisticuffs! rolleyes.gif

Understood always try not to be one of those embarassing foreigners when in country

There are several Italian restaurants in Chiang Mai, I have tried them nearly all, but no one is really good. The owner is mostly an Italian male, the staff in the kitschen is Thai, they don't know even to make spaghettis or a good pizza. High prices by thai standard, but low quality.

• Like 1

There are several Italian restaurants in Chiang Mai, I have tried them nearly all, but no one is really good. The owner is mostly an Italian male, the staff in the kitschen is Thai, they don't know even to make spaghettis or a good pizza. High prices by thai standard, but low quality.

Hmmmm, it would seem you are right about the owner being male and the staff Thai, so where exactly are you going with this, are you saying that the only people who can be trained to be Italian Chef's are natural born Italians?

http://www.internationalculinarycenter.com/courses/ny/it

some do have an Italian chef in the kitchen. agree that the majority are only "so-so". one place i went to, the owner even told me that he was not a chef in Italy but he's Italian and can open an Italian restaurant in Thailand. he also said the majority of tourists don't know good from bad.

there are a few that are o.k. but i have not found a great one.

Some good recommendations above.

The one I have been meaning to try but just haven't gotten around to it is Puccini Italian Restaurant. https://www.facebook.com/PucciniItalianRestaurant Everyone I know who has been has given positive feedback.

I was there and liked it .They have wine from B500 a bottle aprox.( brought my own ,but corkage is B150 ,so i should not have bothered ) . .prices seemed reasonable .