Bad mobile phone signal in high rise

andreandre

Just moved into Riverside Condo,top floor.. had figured that being near the city and high floor would have excellent reception, but instead have very poor mobile reception.,unable to make or receive calls majority of the time...sad.png very surprised and p-----ed off.

I am using 1,2 call prepaid and was wondering if anyone would know if just changing to Dtac or other would be beneficial..are they all the same power strength or not?

My phone is a lower price Nokia...does this have an influence? [the 1,2 call and phone have worked everywhere else i've lived but just not in or around my condo, including leaning over the balcony.

One realestate lady here says she gets good reception in my condo [also 1,2 call],but engineers say they dont, but their phones are very basic and hers is a top of the line one.

An office worker says he gets reception with Dtac, but often the info given by the staff is sketchy at best...

Anyone have any pointers to help me out here....its crazy in this day and age within the large city not to be able to get good access..tho i do realise TIT..

Any advice much appreciated...

Possibly the huge number of rebar rods needed to support the usual flat concrete roof impede signals.

Top floors can be like ovens especially if your wall is facing west - unrelenting sun all day long as the sun moves from E to W; with the captured heat radiating inwards by night - good luck with that...

The top floor of my condo building on the other side of town also has this problem. No problem on the lower floors. It's a big mystery but no one stays in those top floor condos for very long.

Thanks..yes its strange that lower floors can get a good signal...it does appear to be a mystery for sure..hence my post to help possibly solve the mystery..

What is the reason [apart from poor phone signal] in your experience that as you say.."but no one stays in those top floor condos for very long."

The top floor of my condo building on the other side of town also has this problem. No problem on the lower floors. It's a big mystery but no one stays in those top floor condos for very long.

Thanks..yes its strange that lower floors can get a good signal...it does appear to be a mystery for sure..hence my post to help possibly solve the mystery..

What is the reason [apart from poor phone signal] in your experience that as you say.."but no one stays in those top floor condos for very long."

Well, there's the poor mobile signal and the heat (remember heat rises and the top of a building is in the sun for more hours each day than the lower floors). Also the occasional roof leak and hall traffic and noise of workmen on the roof, which is a sea of TV satellite dishes.

Yes it depends on the phone. But it doesn't mean that if you have a more expensive phone then you are going to have a better signal. Usually I have better signal on my Samsung that costed me 900thb than the f_ckin note and s4. Try another phone with another sim. It's the device that is unable to receive signals correctly so that's the culprit.