Man kills Thai woman for having new boyfriend 'too soon'

webfact

1 Corinthians 13:4–8a

Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. Love never fails ... (NIV)

Your joking of course. Posted Image

not for me :)
I mean am not joking :)

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

sad story , i think a common trait for thais is not being able to keep their infantile temper " in check" , when then green eyed monster of jelousy rears it's ugly head . RIP

Yeah, it is totally typical Thai, those Thais are very strange creatures indeed. Frustration, jealousy, murder, pride is a typical Thai thing. It almost does not exists in other countries.

This is a typical Americans. They are very violent in general, and have trouble dealing with

emotions, it is in their culture. Just look at these two examples:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Columbine_High_School_massacre

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/09/17/us/shooting-reported-at-washington-navy-yard.html?pagewanted=all&_r=0

Totally different scenarios. All countries have nutters. This guy via his jealousy, no other reason. I have been to a ''party'' in LOS where a ''hero'' pulled a 9mm on the karaoke guy cos he hadn't played his song. Yeh, they are out there and in LOS it's letting folk folk know he is a ''tough'' guy cos he has a shooter. rolleyes.gif .

• Like 1

Thailand is all about saving face. Image is the most important thing in thai culture. She made him look bad and his culture demanded revenge. Not unlike in India where a man will kill his wife for asking for a divorce or a Muslim father will kill a daughter if she marries a Christian or embarrasses the family.

I do not think it is about saving face. It's just pure jealousy. How can time in prison be 'saving face' ...

It's not about "culture". But a madman who can't control his feelings.

This exist in all countries.

I completely agree. I think crime is a lot worse in other countries like America and Africa. It is a madman's doing and nothing to with it being Thailand

He kept or gained "face"because he taught the Biatch a lesson, the negligible amount of prison time just goes to prove his "manhood".

Other countries do have a concept of responsibility and consequences, the words do not exist in the Thai language, I believe, and no one has shown me otherwise. That's the difference.....

The bottom line is he shot the girl, didn't do the job properly so went back and finished her off, then dumped the gun in an attempt to cover it up.

He then confesses, blames her and gets off with a sentence no worse than jaywalking !!!

Execute the scum, they shouldn't be allowed to plead it down like this, actions have consequences (or should), and you should be responsible for your actions. At least that's what I was taught when growing up. It appears this concept escapes the Thai culture and as long as it does these things will continue to happen here.

I knew a guy who had a lake with fish in it, the Thai locals kept poaching them so in an effort to stop it he posted notices that there would be a 2000 Baht fine for anyone caught. The locals told him the fine was too expensive and he should drop it (to 200 Baht) so that people could afford it. The concept of the fine being there to stop them doing it escaped them !!! This is the problem with the Thai judicial system, the punishment is not a deterrent whether it is for not wearing a helmet on a bike or murder.

• Like 1

I just surprised that he didn't kill the other guy as well.

Perhaps if there actually was a boyfriend he had more balls and the shooter was lacking in balls, only brave enough to shoot a bird in the back.

Edited by transam

It may exist in all countries but here it shows its ugly face a lot more often !

I hate to admit it but Thailand isn't the only place where this happens often. I love my country (America) but domestic killings happen very often and thanks to the availability of guns it is far to easy to accomplish

I'm from the states too. This stuff happens all the time everywhere. We have had two shooting sprees recently. Doesnt happen often in Thailand.

Not about face. Just a jealous insecure guy with a firearm. It isnt a Thai thing.

U.N. Survey.

The number of guns held by civilians in Thailand is estimated to be 10,000,000, which puts the country at eleventh in world rankings for number of guns held. Out of these 10,000,000 guns, only 3,870,000 of them are registered, leaving over 6,000,000 under illegal possession.[3] In 2000, it was reported that there were 20,032 of firearms homicide cases, one of the highest in the world.[4]

Thailand is the only country I have lived in, and I have lived in many through the years, where someone I have known personally has been shot dead, assassination style.

And....?

I guess you aren't on nodding terms with the Kennedy's either.

I hate to admit it but Thailand isn't the only place where this happens often. I love my country (America) but domestic killings happen very often and thanks to the availability of guns it is far to easy to accomplish

I'm from the states too. This stuff happens all the time everywhere. We have had two shooting sprees recently. Doesnt happen often in Thailand.

Not about face. Just a jealous insecure guy with a firearm. It isnt a Thai thing.

This thread isn't about the US, and you are way off topic. However, I will post the graph one more time (maybe the tenth time) showing that Thailand has the 3rd highest gun murder rate per capita in the world, and it's ten times what it is in the US. And Thailand supposedly has tight gun controls.

It IS cultural. These figures are per 100,000 people.

gm.jpg

Thank you all knowing Neversure. I never said it is about the US. I want to stop the Thai bashing and try to be a bit positive.

Are you Thai? Asian? You understand every culture? I hope you dont live in Thailand.

Perhaps NS is realistic eh.

I had a guy outside my place at 3 am emptying a 9mm semi, on two different occasions. sad.png A bar near me a guy was shot dead, last month a guy was cut up and killed in the same bar. Thankfully the BiB have closed it down because of the clientèle it attracted. thumbsup.gif

Remind me... where do you live? So I will know where not to go.

It may exist in all countries but here it shows its ugly face a lot more often !

Oh please. What a ridiculous thing to say. "All the time everywhere." Really? Too much time on your tukus watching "Law and Order" reruns... Time to get out a little - see if you actually find yourself dodging any bullets.

• Like 1

How nice to hear from an expert - but you forgot to quote your sources.

How nice to hear from an expert - but you forgot to quote your sources.

I do not believe sources are required, nor the need to be an expert.

For those of us who have lived here for a long time, these happenings are very commonplace and well reported

And the UK which I left yonks ago, is faring no better wih all the immigrant murderers which are also widely reported in the press.

biggrin.png

This thread isn't about the US, and you are way off topic. However, I will post the graph one more time (maybe the tenth time) showing that Thailand has the 3rd highest gun murder rate per capita in the world, and it's ten times what it is in the US. And Thailand supposedly has tight gun controls.

It IS cultural. These figures are per 100,000 people.

gm.jpg

Thank you all knowing Neversure. I never said it is about the US. I want to stop the Thai bashing and try to be a bit positive.

Are you Thai? Asian? You understand every culture? I hope you dont live in Thailand.

I had a guy outside my place at 3 am emptying a 9mm semi, on two different occasions. sad.png A bar near me a guy was shot dead, last month a guy was cut up and killed in the same bar. Thankfully the BiB have closed it down because of the clientèle it attracted. thumbsup.gif

Remind me... where do you live? So I will know where not to go.

This graph is worrying if it legit. I would have thought a fair few south American countries would have listed before Thailand.

[quote]

I had a guy outside my place at 3 am emptying a 9mm semi, on two different occasions. sad.png A bar near me a guy was shot dead, last month a guy was cut up and killed in the same bar. Thankfully the BiB have closed it down because of the clientèle it attracted. thumbsup.gif[/quote]

[quote]Remind me... where do you live? So I will know where not to go.

Sounds like Thailand.

how sad is that .... it seems its as easy as USA to get a gun and use it . sad.png

A criminal can get a gun anywhere in the world and use it for illegal purposes. Its those people who are the problem, not guns.

Yes, that is right, a hardened criminal can get a gun anywhere in the world. But in some countries, even a depressed guy or a loner or psychopath who have never had a criminal history can go to the neighbourhood gun shop and order deadly assault weapons. In a country with strict gun controls, these guys will not be able to get it so easily and some of them may be deterred.

sad story , i think a common trait for thais is not being able to keep their infantile temper " in check" , when then green eyed monster of jelousy rears it's ugly head . RIP

You see what you want to see I guess. Lord knows crime and murder due to emotions of ego NEVER ever happens anywhere but Thailand and are reserved for only thai's. right?

You are completely correct on one count . It was a very sad happening and perhaps hisinfitile behavior led to the separation to begin with. Rest in Peace young lady.

This happens the world over and should be phrased " not being able to keep "OUR" infantile temper " in check". As "their" appears to be a Thai slam I am sure a person of your "maturityand world veiw" did not intend.as it is a humane condition and not a racial one.

Insane people are insane people. But If you only live in one of a million boxes without opening a door or window to the other boxes your judgement is likely innacurate and the judger bias to that persons particlar box.. Little pictures little minds, Can't see the forest for the trees etc....

. A superior ego thought is that of an inferior man who is still dreaming.. All persons need to be awaken from their ego dreams to truth before they start pointing fingers and casting stones. Of course such a person awake would not judge.

how sad is that .... it seems its as easy as USA to get a gun and use it . sad.png

A criminal can get a gun anywhere in the world and use it for illegal purposes. Its those people who are the problem, not guns.

Yes, that is right, a hardened criminal can get a gun anywhere in the world. But in some countries, even a depressed guy or a loner or psychopath who have never had a criminal history can go to the neighbourhood gun shop and order deadly assault weapons. In a country with strict gun controls, these guys will not be able to get it so easily and some of them may be deterred.

BS. That will never explain why Thailand has 10x the gun murder rate per capita than the US has.

And who's talking about assault weapons, other than you?

Some nutters can really get wound up. Know what I mean? This thread is about a guy killing his ex, perhaps to save face, in a country where most guns are already illegal.

Edited by NeverSure

I do recall in my younger years getting angry over this type of thing, even if I deserved to be booted.

Take out half my brain cells ( at least ), all of my good upbringing and family, my compassion for other people and animals etc, consideration for others, understanding right from wrong, and I might have done it!! There is your answer why it happens here pretty damn regular.

Must admit falungs do it here as well, must be the air.