Sticker Shock

CMfoodie

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Coach's is on Night Safari/ Royal Flora Road, /// If you're leaving the night safari, go through the first traffic light, it's about 200 meters past on your left. -- or , if you're travelling Canal Road from CMU, come to the Night Safari Traffic Light, take a left, 200 meters on your left.

--

Thanks, I can't wait to try it, I need my fix of American style eats!

Coach's is on Night Safari/ Royal Flora Road, /// If you're leaving the night safari, go through the first traffic light, it's about 200 meters past on your left. -- or , if you're travelling Canal Road from CMU, come to the Night Safari Traffic Light, take a left, 200 meters on your left.

--

McDonald's

Burger King

Subway

KFC

Seems to be every where you turn around American style eats.cheesy.gif

Sorry my darker side took over.sad.png

• Like 2

McDonald's

Burger King

Subway

KFC

Seems to be every where you turn around American style eats.cheesy.gif

Sorry my darker side took over.sad.png

In fairness, Duke's occupies a spot well above these places (also when compared to outlets of these chains that are actually in America), and below a 'fine dining' white tablecloth restaurant. Say the kind of food you get in a nice sports bar in the US, or Outback, etc.; still mostly comfort food, but really well done.

It's priced about the same too, in the US most things run $7 to $15 in towns of a similar size / standing as Chiang Mai.

Make no mistake, I enjoy Duke's. And I enjoy Duke's TV rants too on a whole nother level. The guy is a true asset. :thumbsup:

Edited by WinnieTheKhwai
  • Like 1

None of these are in the least relevent to a customer or potential customer trying to clarify a leaflet which is at the least ambiguous.

What is relevant is the obvious contempt the owner now has to the people of ChiangMai who were and possibly will not be customers in the future. It may be we are no longer the demographic he wants but that does not excuse his offensive and profane language on this forum.

A bit dramatic with a hint of delusions of grandeur...... "The people of ChiangMai". First of all, I know this might be hard to believe but TVCM is not read by everyone in this fair city. It is read by a tiny fraction of a minority group of mostly expats. Secondly the insult wasn't aimed at everyone here. Like me, and LOTS of others he has contempt for the idiots on Thaivisa. I read his post before it was deleted and I wasn't insulted because I knew it wasn't directed at me, it was directed at the idiots who's main pleasure in their small, boring lives is to come on here and deliberately annoy and insult people.Unfortunately, Dave reacts in much the same way as these guys want him to. He gets pissed off and tells these people exactly what he thinks of them, and to be fair , most people would agree with that sentiment. So who's wrong, the people who purposely set out to annoy, or the guy who reacts?

As regards to the second point you made regarding his business. I'd like to say 'I'm sorry to disappoint', but I'm not because what I'm about to say will piss off the idiots here. The truth is, his reaction will have no effect on his business whatsoever. First of all, the people that his insult was aimed at are people who either can't afford to go there, don't like his food, prices, or Dave himself (you can't please everyone) so he hasn't lost Their custom. The people who currently go there, wil continue to do so because they probably agree with him and obviously like his places. As regards to the other people here that weren't customers, some of them have got to be intrigued enough to go and see what all the fuss is about, right?

If there is a loser here it is probably your beloved Thaivisa because there is a good chance that Dave will say 'enough is enough' and cancel his ad. What was the song? "You always hurt the one you love"...............

CMJ, while I agree with most of what you have written above, I must take exception with one bit, as outlined in red.

I do think that there will be a noted difference in his business. I think he will get more customers now , knowing that they will not have to be dining with those aboard who apparently have crotch rickets of the brain and throat.

.... and to Dave ... hope you are over run with new clients.

You say Dave has the runs? That is a new low.

thumbsup.gif

went to have lunch at the dukes promonade the other afternoon and the prices are the SAME as

on the river so dont now what the fuss is about, the food was great

rick

Well done Rick, probably what most of the other whingers and whiners should have done before coming on here mouthing off about the prices

Or the forum member that owns the place and decided to post on the topic could have pointed this out , clarified a few things and avoided all this .... BUT it has kept the publicity flowing. I now know there is a Dukes at prominade.

Edited by daoyai
  • Like 2