Jomtien or Nakula Beach?

binnsy1

It has been asked several times before but WHICH is the best most relaxed/cleaner etc.

I would definitely not use the word "cleaner" but "less dirty" instead. The same for "relaxed", better use "less noisy" wink.png

I was at the Jomtien beach yesterday and the water was soooo dirty that it lost all its transparency, it could be easily confused with sewage water, and I'm really not exaggerating!

So instead of swimming we decided to enjoy the sun and have a fresh coconut, but we were disturbed every 3 to 10 seconds by the vendors walking along the beach, sometime with as short as 2 to 3 meters between them!!!

I'm not even mentioning the extremely loud music coming from Thais and their disco-cars from the road only a few meters away, we couldn't hear each other with my friend so we finally decided to go home and enjoy a movie instead. We watched "Adore", which really sucked by the way (two boys f*cking each other's mom) but the beach in the movie was really beautiful, quiet and clean! Funny day ^^

Edited by koeko

It's horses for course, Dong Tang beach if you like Ladyboy (or gay), Jontiem in order to get harassed or Naklua if you are. Germanic Personally I prefer the pool or Samui or Samet or anywhere except Pattaya.

I love Pattaya, but for <deleted> not for the beach!!!! (Unless of course you are short of cash, then Beach Road Coconut Bar does the job)

"Clean" and "relaxed" don't apply to either beach. From a condo on a high floor they both look great, however.

Having lived in both areas, I believe Naklua is, in general, more convenient unless you want to frequent Walking St.

None of the beaches here are up to much. Too shallow for swimming, the water is usually polluted and if you don't stay in the roped off areas you risk being run over by a speedboat. So if you can't swim that just leaves walking along the beach or sitting on a deckchair. There are some OK beaches out on the islands but that means a day trip to get there.

I'd say Koh Larn. If you have time, I'd definitely suggest you take the 30 baht ferry to Koh Larn and head to Samae beach. It's nice and very relaxing.

Take the early ferry over & the last ferry back. When you get off the pier, go left passed 711, walk another 5 mins and you'll see a baht bus station that'll take you to the beach.

Enjoy!

I'd say Koh Larn. If you have time, I'd definitely suggest you take the 30 baht ferry to Koh Larn and head to Samae beach. It's nice and very relaxing.

Take the early ferry over & the last ferry back. When you get off the pier, go left passed 711, walk another 5 mins and you'll see a baht bus station that'll take you to the beach.

Enjoy!

Hello,

That seems very nice! I tried to ask where is the ferry port and what time it leaves, however I'd only get suggestions about independent/expensive speed boats...

So... where is it exactly and what are the schedules? is it at the end of the walking street by any chance?

And where do we buy the ticket?

Thanks!

Enjoy!

Hello,

That seems very nice! I tried to ask where is the ferry port and what time it leaves, however I'd only get suggestions about independent/expensive speed boats...

So... where is it exactly and what are the schedules? is it at the end of the walking street by any chance?

Thanks!

Here is a link to the ferry schedule: http://kohlarn.com/schedule.htm

Getting to the Pattaya Pier: Yes, it is at the end of Walking Street. You can walk all the way down from the main entrance and follow the path down to the right towards the ferries; or if you'd like to be closer, a motocy taxi may know "Mixx Disco". It's right in front of the pier.

Tickets: There's really no "tickets" -- just walk down to the ferry, tell them "Naban" since there will be both ferries to the island there. You'll pay a lady and walk on.

Ride: It's about a 20-30min ride, depending on the current. I'd never take the speed boats for $50-100 - not ever. The ride is very relaxing.

At the Island: Follow instructions to baht bus to Samae Beach (30 baht last time we were there) -- left passed 711 & about 5 min walk--they'll be in front of the temple. *Tip* This is the only 711 on the island. If you'd like to buy some drinks or snacks prior to the beach -- get it here. There will be foods & drinks on the beach but at a higher price.

Also: The other ferry to Twaen pier is directly to a beach, but I do not recommend it as it is highly congested and not very well taken care of. The other beaches aren't as nice as Samae in my opinion. The "monkey" beach usually intrigues people but it's a small, rocky beach & the monkeys are only there "part-time" lol. The island is very hilly too (steep), so I'd hop on a baht bus and see the area before making a decision to rent a motorcy (if you're considering it).

And, don't worry about your ride back to the pier. All day long baht buses will be parked in the lot waiting to take you back to the pier.

Enjoy your time & if you have any more questions feel free to ask.

• Like 1

Enjoy!

Hello,

Thanks!

Getting to the Pattaya Pier: Yes, it is at the end of Walking Street. You can walk all the way down from the main entrance and follow the path down to the right towards the ferries; or if you'd like to be closer, a motocy taxi may know "Mixx Disco". It's right in front of the pier.

Tickets: There's really no "tickets" -- just walk down to the ferry, tell them "Naban" since there will be both ferries to the island there. You'll pay a lady and walk on.

Ride: It's about a 20-30min ride, depending on the current. I'd never take the speed boats for $50-100 - not ever. The ride is very relaxing.

At the Island: Follow instructions to baht bus to Samae Beach (30 baht last time we were there) -- left passed 711 & about 5 min walk--they'll be in front of the temple. *Tip* This is the only 711 on the island. If you'd like to buy some drinks or snacks prior to the beach -- get it here. There will be foods & drinks on the beach but at a higher price.

Also: The other ferry to Twaen pier is directly to a beach, but I do not recommend it as it is highly congested and not very well taken care of. The other beaches aren't as nice as Samae in my opinion. The "monkey" beach usually intrigues people but it's a small, rocky beach & the monkeys are only there "part-time" lol. The island is very hilly too (steep), so I'd hop on a baht bus and see the area before making a decision to rent a motorcy (if you're considering it).

And, don't worry about your ride back to the pier. All day long baht buses will be parked in the lot waiting to take you back to the pier.

Thanks a lot, very useful information!

So we can also rent a motorbike there?! any idea how much it'd be for a few hours? How big is the island, like how long does it take from one side to another?

Thanks again, I'll go there soon and see by myself all this ;)

Enjoy!

Hello,

Thanks!

Thanks a lot, very useful information!

So we can also rent a motorbike there?! any idea how much it'd be for a few hours? How big is the island, like how long does it take from one side to another?

Thanks again, I'll go there soon and see by myself all this wink.png

As soon as you get off you'll see people offering you rental bikes. I think it's about 200-300baht per day. They don't charge by the hour. The island is small and it'll probably take you 5-10 minutes to drive to the different points, but there aren't any off-track roads around the coast line or anything. It's pretty much up a hill, turn, and down a hill. Whatever you do, be careful driving as the grounds are pretty steep and sometimes slippery, and before leaving with your rental bike--CHECK THE BRAKES! You'll certainly need them going down all the hills.