New Yahoo

chiangrai

Hi,

I am new to computers but I just wrote an email on Yahoo mail.com.

I always save my letters as draft after every paragraph because of the power cuts in my part of Thailand but couldn't find out how.

Then when I went to send It wouldn't send and I think I've lost it.

Does anybody know how to SAVE AS DRAFT and SEND on this new yahoo mail.

They are also calling emails messages,I think.

Anyway the net has been down in town for 2 days and I need to send emails urgently.

Can anybody help please

Yahoo will automatically 'Save as Draft' when you click the X (in the top right hand corner of your message).

Click the (paper?) icon under the envelope icon (left side of your screen) to see your saved messages.

• Like 1

Great man ,thanks,

I figured out the send issue too.

Is there any way that you can set Yahoo to allways save as draught as you are wriring.

Between power cuts and the net cutting off this would be a great fascility in Thailand

Thanks again

You're welcome.

(help info from Yahoo)

Never lose a message you are composing again!

• Your email is automatically saved as a draft message every time you stop typing.
    - The last save time will be indicated beside the formatting toolbar.
  • Access saved draft messages by clicking Drafts in the Left Navigation column.

Another way to ensure a draft is saved is to click on the ICON in the upper right-hand corner of your message to "Close" the message. If it has not been saved it will give you the opportunity to save it as a DRAFT. And it should still periodically save your message as a DRAFT automatically. Not sure how often or how long after you stop typing and there is no option to set the timing on saving a draft in "SETTINGS".

Don't know about everybody else, but the ICONS next to everything do not show up in my FireFox or Internet Explorer browsers, but they do in Chrome. I think Yahoo still has some work to do on this version.

Edited by oneday

Yahoo just foisted upon us users the "new and improved" mail, which is a great leap backwards. "If it ain't broke, don't fix it". Now have had to revert to basic version, otherwise arrow icons etc are missing. I am not alone in thinking it now sucks. Go to Yahoo answers (you won't find one, but wth).

• Like 1

Yahoo just foisted upon us users the "new and improved" mail, which is a great leap backwards. "If it ain't broke, don't fix it". Now have had to revert to basic version, otherwise arrow icons etc are missing. I am not alone in thinking it now sucks. Go to Yahoo answers (you won't find one, but wth).

I'm with you there.

Strange how all the new improved computer systems are invariably harder to use than the old ones. Probably comes from having computer nerds running things. NEWS FLASH- we don't all know computers and some of us took ages to learn the old way. Why don't they have an option of using the old layout?

I hate the new windows 7 or 8 or whatever it is.

I came on here because I too couldn't work out how to dave drafts, and always associate x with close, not save draft.

• Like 1

I gave up on yahoo

I tried to set up an account there and went through 50% more nonsense than with hot mail or g mail and still had problems finally gave up. There are several honest senders that it will not allow no matter what you do. I have a friend who wanted to receive a certain news letter. I receive it so I would just copy it and send it to him.

I don't think Thai Visa can be received by Yahoo either.

I gave up on yahoo

I tried to set up an account there and went through 50% more nonsense than with hot mail or g mail and still had problems finally gave up. There are several honest senders that it will not allow no matter what you do. I have a friend who wanted to receive a certain news letter. I receive it so I would just copy it and send it to him.

I don't think Thai Visa can be received by Yahoo either.

That is incorrect. I get TV notifications on Yahoo.

Great man ,thanks,

I figured out the send issue too.

Is there any way that you can set Yahoo to allways save as draught as you are wriring.

Between power cuts and the net cutting off this would be a great fascility in Thailand

Thanks again

I find it much easier to use Mozilla's Thunderbird email client, as I have multiple accounts, this is then linked, easily done, to my email accounts. Al you do then is open Thunderbird, it automatically downloads your email, no need to go to the website and log in. To answer your question re: saving drafts, you can set Thunderbird to save every minute, 2 minutes, 3 minutes etc.

Here's a possible "FIX" for the current lousy Yahoo Mail (DIS)service. bah.gif You can go back to an older version, but lose a few functions, like drag & drop and other stuff that nobody uses much, anyway. rolleyes.gif

I used FF but have no idea if there could be problems with other browsers.

Here ya go -

• Click the settings gear icon near your Yahoo! Mail's top right corner (or hover the mouse cursor over it).
  • Select Settings from the menu that appears.
  • Go to the Viewing email category.
  • Make sure Basic is selected under Mail version.
  • Click Save.

Hell yeah! - now we're back up and working more smoothly !!! thumbsup.gif

Cheers

• Like 2

You're very welcome - glad it worked! smile.png

I just HAD to try and fix something, after only being able to open ONE (and the same) email - and no way to reply to it.

Unable to click on other folders (Spam, Trash, etc.) - a real cock-up is this new Yahoo mail!

Would be nice if there was ALWAYS a simple version to choose, without all the fancy crap and fairy lights that never gets used.

Hell, I even dropped HOTMAIL for the same reasons - a sudden fancy new version - with crap that I didn't want and which didn't work and even prevented me from using the normal services. Duh! w00t.gif

Cheers

• Like 1

Guys I can't find this settings gear icon,i don't think I have one.

Please help

It's in the Right upper hand corner next to your user name.

If you can't see it, try a different browser or try to disable Script / Ad Blockers

Edited by MJCM

O.k maybe not yet,

I found my settings gear icon,

I clicked settings

I clicked viewing email.

Then there were only 2 options mail versions

1 was the one in use,the second was asic,

I selected it and pressed save.

Nothing happened so I turned off Firefox and restarted it.

Low and behold there was good old Firefox original but if I closed it and opened it again I got this new nonsense again.

I'm exasperated and am about to change to Firefox mail.

Here's a possible "FIX" for the current lousy Yahoo Mail (DIS)service. bah.gif You can go back to an older version, but lose a few functions, like drag & drop and other stuff that nobody uses much, anyway. rolleyes.gif

I used FF but have no idea if there could be problems with other browsers.

Here ya go -

• Click the settings gear icon near your Yahoo! Mail's top right corner (or hover the mouse cursor over it).
  • Select Settings from the menu that appears.
  • Go to the Viewing email category.
  • Make sure Basic is selected under Mail version.
  • Click Save.

Hell yeah! - now we're back up and working more smoothly !!! thumbsup.gif

Cheers

Nope just MORE problems, slow, sluggish. unresponsive, missing icons, many errors, but thanks anyway, could be MY system though i had few to little problems before the required change!

• Like 1

i did the whole thing again but this time did a systems clean up afterwords.

I now have some kind of a hi-bred winch seems exceptible so far.

I'm going to try out this Firefox e mail.Firefox are always so straight forward.

Any tips on finding it before I do a blind search.

my next previous first and last button is gone

BUT

i finally found the 'next' button

it is inside the email body!!!

now please help me

if you click on folders

you get a folder drop down menu

how do you make it go away, how do you go back to in box???

escape does NOT work!!!!

many many problems/issues

very very bad

i should have switched ages ago when i was warned

You might get more response if you actually gave out some info about (for example) what system you're using (Windows ?, Mac, Linux), what browser you're using , etc..

Don't mean to piss on your cornflakes, mate, but asking for help without supplying even ONE tad of info, won't make most posters even bother pausing to drink their coffee and going on to reading the next topic...

Cheers