Has anyone been to Koh Samet for loi krathong ?

BossBar

Loy Krathong falls on a weekend this year, so I would avoid it. Will be full of Thai people in party mode. The beach is usually trashed and full of garbage after a Thai holiday weekend.

Also- reservations for decent rooms can be hard to get and / or subject to holiday weekend surcharge.

Loy Krathong falls on a weekend this year, so I would avoid it. Will be full of Thai people in party mode. The beach is usually trashed and full of garbage after a Thai holiday weekend.

Also- reservations for decent rooms can be hard to get and / or subject to holiday weekend surcharge.

Hi Bino, thank you for your comments i know it falls on the weekend 17th November.

I am wanting to know if anyone has been to Samet before for Loi Krathong.

Also maybe i like to party and its quite hard to avoid Thai people in Thailand, if i wanted to avoid Thai people i would not be going to Thailand.

• Like 2

I haven't been there specifically for Loy Krathong day, but I have been there on Thai holiday weekends many times. There will be many large groups of university age Thais everywhere.

If an atmosphere that is similar to Daytona Beach during spring break is for you, have at it.

Have you ever been to Samed, or even Thailand before? In your other thread asking about accommodations in Samed I helped you to find the accommodations available there that suited your needs. Your snarky reply isn't going to garner much respect from knowledgeable people here on ThaiVisa. I sure won't waste any more time giving you advice.

• Like 1

Hi.

I live on Koh Samet, Loy Krathong is still a magical time, The hotels / Resorts have courses for guests on making the floating ornaments,

The main street shops also have them on sale & you can see lots of locals making them, Late on in the evening they are floated into the sea.

the atmosphere is great..

Yes, most weekends are busy on Samet, it is after all high season.. A really good accurate website for info on the island look at kohsamed.net

its run & updated by a local travel agent on the main street..

• Like 2

I haven't been there specifically for Loy Krathong day, but I have been there on Thai holiday weekends many times. There will be many large groups of university age Thais everywhere.

If an atmosphere that is similar to Daytona Beach during spring break is for you, have at it.

Have you ever been to Samed, or even Thailand before? In your other thread asking about accommodations in Samed I helped you to find the accommodations available there that suited your needs. Your snarky reply isn't going to garner much respect from knowledgeable people here on ThaiVisa. I sure won't waste any more time giving you advice.

Dear Bino,

For the record i have been to Thailand maybe 20 times and visited Koh Samet 6 times, the reason's i asked these questions were :

1, 2 bedroom accommodation is because i have only stayed in a double room before.

2, I have never stayed during Loi Krathong.

I am grateful for all the help many people have given me regarding the accommodation, which is why i asked if anybody had been Samet for the festival of Loi Krathong and to share their experience with me.

As i have said before i have been to Thailand around 20 times and have a few Thai friends whom all have told me quite the opposite of what you have said, they say that most Thai's will not visit during this festival.

The thing is my Brother is meeting me in Thailand this time, he has only been to Thailand once before and he has never seen the Loi Krathong Festival (i have seen it 3 times now)..

Everyone has a view on Pattaya but that is another subject i don't want to go into, i have been to Pattaya for Loi Krathong and found it to be a fantastic occasion. This may be due to the fact that most of the bar ladies can dress up in Thai traditional attire and not the usual sexy tops and shorts.

To cut a long story short as they say.

Do the Thai's celebrate Loi Krathong the same way as they do in Pattaya ?

PS, I am sorry if my earlier comments seemed to be sarcastic, i did not mean to come across like that.

My Apologies.

Bert.

Samed will be like it is all the other times you have been but busier, may seem a sarcastic answer but it does not take a genius to work it out

I am wanting to know do the Thai's make a bit thing about the Festival the same as they do in Pattaya, traditional dress etc.

I am also far from genius, but i do know it's busier at the weekends.

By the way did you read my post.

Has anyone been to Koh Samet for loi krathong.

Your reply at the most should have been NO.

That's me being sarcastic now.

Yes I have

Your OP states.

Does anyone have any experience of staying at Koh Samet for loi krathong ?

What sort of answers were you expecting to a question that really doesn't ask much?

If you want answers maybe you should be more specific in your OP?

"I am wanting to know do the Thai's make a bit thing about the Festival the same as they do in Pattaya, traditional dress etc"

Maybe you should have put that in your OP if you wanted the answer to it?

Yes Thais do make a big deal out of the festival, it is a big event in the Thai Calender , if they make a big deal of it in Pattaya then it seems pretty obvious that they will elsewhere also

Listen smart arse.

What might be pretty obvious to you is not for other's, anyone can assume.

That is the reason why i was asking about other's experiences.

Yes I have

Your OP states.

What sort of answers were you expecting to a question that really doesn't ask much?

If you want answers maybe you should be more specific in your OP?

"I am wanting to know do the Thai's make a bit thing about the Festival the same as they do in Pattaya, traditional dress etc"

Maybe you should have put that in your OP if you wanted the answer to it?

Yes Thais do make a big deal out of the festival, it is a big event in the Thai Calender , if they make a big deal of it in Pattaya then it seems pretty obvious that they will elsewhere also

But you're not asking are you?

What exactly are you asking? What time does the tide come in? what Colour shirt Somchai the Speedboat driver will have on that weekend? Will they play Hotel California?

What exactly are you asking in your OP?

But you're not asking are you?

What exactly are you asking? What time does the tide come in? what Colour shirt Somchai the Speedboat driver will have on that weekend? Will they play Hotel California?

What exactly are you asking in your OP?

What time does the tide come in? what Colour shirt Somchai the Speedboat driver will have on that weekend? Will they play Hotel California? <deleted> WOULD ANY OF THESE THINGS HAVE TO DO WITH LOI KRATHONG.

ANYONE WITH AN ONCE OF COMMON SENSE WOULD KNOW THAT I WAS SPECIFICALLY ASKING ABOUT THE FESTIVAL

WHAT I AM NOW ASKING IS THAT YOU GIVE YOUR EMPTY HEAD A GOOD SHAKE AND GO ANNOY SOMEONE ELSE.

ANYONE WITH AN ONCE OF COMMON SENSE WOULD KNOW THAT I WAS SPECIFICALLY ASKING ABOUT THE FESTIVAL

So again what do you want to know?????

This was your reply before you stated you had been during Loi Krathong :

Samed will be like it is all the other times you have been but busier, may seem a sarcastic answer but it does not take a genius to work it out

WHY WOULD ANYONE THAT HAD BEEN AND SEEN WITH THEIR OWN EYES SAY, Samed will be like it is all other times.

SURELY YOU WOULD HAVE SAID, Samed is ?

I SMELL B.S.

• Like 1

Is what?? What do you want to know????

It's exactly the same as all year round but busier, Thais will push small boats into the sea

Does that answer your question? Oh wait you haven't actually asked any questions

So again what do you want to know about Samed on Loy Krathong?

• Like 1

Is what?? What do you want to know????

It's exactly the same as all year round but busier, Thais will push small boats into the sea

Does that answer your question? Oh wait you haven't actually asked any questions

So again what do you want to know about Samed on Loy Krathong?

If i want to know anything it will be from someone who has been during this period, now do me a favor and JOG ON.

The term pulling teeth springs to mind here

You don't even know what you want to know yourself so how do you expect others to help you?

I have made up my mind if i will go or not, and trust me your comments have not done anything in any way to influence my decision.

SO ARE FAR AS YOU ARE CONCERNED THE CASE IS.xmfr_closed1.gif.pagespeed.ic.bSGu1xCWDW xofftopic.gif.pagespeed.ic.CesvvAM70Q.we

Just do me one favor, DO NOT EVER REPLY TO ONE OF MY TOPICS AGAIN.jerk.gif.pagespeed.ce.TMGfqs4Lzz.gif xsaai.gif.pagespeed.ic._HvUA8p60E.webp

Thank you Mallorca284673 for taking the time to reply, much appreciated. partytime2.gif