Is the Phuket Forum helpful for you?

grumpyoldman

When I am looking to buy a specific article and throw in a post asking for info, I always get useful replies promptly. Also posts here about the Phuket Immigration Office becoming more and more diligent made me decide always to take copies of my passport+visa when driving down to paradise island. Nice also to be warned about construction related traffic gridlocks instead of being taken by surprise.

Edited by keestha

Yep i find it extremely helpful.. and i enjoy some of the ''Comments'' some negative and some positive, and just the jibe of it...

amazing what goes on in peoples minds..

There was something similar when i lived in the ''Cote D'Azur''.. but ''Thai Visa'' is much better..

Definitely, though I'm sometimes loathe to put queries on for minor issues. I wouldn't mind seeing a general 'Where to buy' thread pinned for small queries such as this, which would also simplify searching and could be used as a general informative read. Any thoughts?

• Like 2

Definitely, though I'm sometimes loathe to put queries on for minor issues. I wouldn't mind seeing a general 'Where to buy' thread pinned for small queries such as this, which would also simplify searching and could be used as a general informative read. Any thoughts?

Good idea.

If only people just googled before hitting the forum.

On the other hand, the place would have less anglers to take some bait.

I think it can be a double-edged sword..

It can be very useful for finding things, but it can also be a time waster.

Personally, I spend more time in here than on all the other social media combined.

I still wish more people would contribute to the events thread, and I wish the thread could somehow be modified so that the most recent event comes out on top.

(I just added two, by the way)

I do believe 'where to find' would be a useful pinned thread, and I think this is the area where the Phuket forum is most useful.

I would also like the Mods to consider adding a pinned 'ride board' so that people driving to Bangkok, Haad Yai or doing visa runs, etc, could get together and car pool in order to save on petrol; it wouldn't have to be in the Phuket forum necessarily, though.

I do believe 'where to find' would be a useful pinned thread

A 'where to find' subforum would be more practical. A 'where to find' pinned thread would become a mix of answers to very different questions, one is looking for a bottle of Chateau Dégoutant, somebody else wants a Yorkshire Terrier puppy, and again another one needs a non electrical lawnmower.

Totally agree GOM.

There's some good info on here. Now, if only the search facility worked better.

I skip using the search function on the forum and just Google it with Phuket keyword. Something thaivisa always pops up.

true, the tv search feature is useless, but that's true of every forum i'm on, google is always better

Yes, there is no doubt that the Phuket Forum is helpful.

The Where to find it questions and answers helps. The assistance with the Labyrinthine qualities of Phuket Immigration offices.

In general it says, "beware of visiting Phuket - it is dangerous, violent place."