Retirement visa/extension and Bangkok Bank funds letters

rolleyes.gif Once again, just for the heck of it, I'll pass on this information.

Thais is those who are doing an retirement visa/extension and need a Bank letter for their Bangkok Bank account at Chaengwattana.

Down on the 1st floor (ground floor) Bangkok Bank has an office branch in Chaengwattana.

They will do that bank funds letter you need upstairs for immigration.

Just bring you Bangkok Bank account passbook and your passport (the passport is for I.D. use).

That Bangkok Bank branch will do you a form letter with the data in your account in about 10 minutes for a cost of 200 Baht as you wait.

If you use Bangkok Bank there is now no need to get a letter the previous day and bring it with you to Chaengwattana.

It can be done in that Bangkok Bank branch downstairs on the same day you do your extension or renewal.

That way your letter won't be rejected as "out of date".

I don't know if other Thai banks offer the same service, but I know Bangkok Bank does.

Yes dude...all Thai banks can provide this letter; and I would never maintain an account at Bangkok Bank.

It might be a stretch to say All Thai Banks offer this letter but there certainly are other banks in the basement at CW. I use Bangkok Bank and have always just entered Immigration to get a number ticket and then go down stairs to BB, update my passbook and ask for the immigration letter. They provide it quickly and usually also copy my updated passbook, all for 200 TB. Then off for my extension. Never had a problem with service.

its outrageous to think that they are your funds in the bank and that the bank is using them to their advantage and then when you want to provide proof that the funds are there you are charged 200 baht for the privilege

It's more outrageous that some go-go bars charge 200 baht for one drink.

People who can show 800K baht in an account, to get or renew their retirement visa usually don't consider the 200 baht bank fee for the document as outrageous.

• Like 2

its outrageous to think that they are your funds in the bank and that the bank is using them to their advantage and then when you want to provide proof that the funds are there you are charged 200 baht for the privilege

It's more outrageous that some go-go bars charge 200 baht for one drink.

People who can show 800K baht in an account, to get or renew their retirement visa usually don't consider the 200 baht bank fee for the document as outrageous.

it appears you missed the point totally

sometimes my english is too hard for some to comprehend

my apologies

200 Baht? Is that a special price at Chaengwattana, or have the bank fees increased of late.

I have a BB account outside of Bangkok and the fee is/was 100 Baht for the exact same letter.

Just askin' like.....

Yes, at BB Phra Tamnak branch in Pattaya, I always pay Baht 100 (which I don't consider outrageous).

Yes dude...all Thai banks can provide this letter; and I would never maintain an account at Bangkok Bank.

I think Ima_Farang was referring to providing the service at Chaeng Wattana, not just the letter at your own branch. I've had an account at Bangkok Bank for 15 years and find their service just fine, although where you or I choose to bank doesn't seem especially relevant.

Edited by Suradit69

One advantage, re the OP's advice, is that the BKK Bank in the basement of CW where Immigration is located will provide the required Immigration letter regardless of what BKK Bank Branch you have your home account based at -- at least, according to members here who have posted on the subject in other threads.

Reportedly, the Kasikorn branch in the basement also will provide a comparable service for that bank's accountholders.

Not all the Thai bank branches or bank staff out and around the country are necessarily well-versed, or even particularly helpful, when it comes to arranging the required letter for Immigration. But at least, you can pretty well be assured, that the bank staff in the basement of CW know what they're doing in that regard.