Committees of Owners of Condos. good experiences?

shiatsuman

I am looking to buy a condo in the university area of CM.

From past experience with flats I have found a huge difference between well and badly run complexes. Badly run complexes can take years to turn round .

Any experiences of owners on the forum?

The main points from my point of view are community fees and the standards of maintainance repair and cleaning.

I am looking for a condo in the 35 to 45 sq meter range.

Any experiences in this field welcome.

many thanks

The Chiang Mai University area is great .... love the vibrancy and intellectual stimulated "crowd". I'm a non-owner, but lived at and leased from a non-Thai citizen Chinese national landlady/investor owner at Punna@CMU Condo (very new and has all the amenities if you can afford them, high-rise building) for seven months ... have lived in Thailand this time eight months and for years before. As a Retired AO Visa holder I am thankful the Kingdom allows me here with my farang wife. Having said that, Punna@CMU was profoundly different than the many other condo of which we became aware; the "Jurististic Person" or manager was/is college educated ... smart ... articulate in Thai and English ... and ACTIVE in the management ... from cleanliness to security supervision ... to community organization .... my farang wife and I found/find most condos filthy, unmaintained, and very poorly managed. Management here is THE POSITIVE EXCEPTION!

The only reason we did not buy there (ALWAYS LIVE IN A PLACE FIRST OR KNOW SOMEONE THAT DOES) .... was the profoundly LOUD MUSIC FROM A BAR NEXT DOOR CALLED MO'C MO'L .... great bar for drunken OFF KEY singers (family members of owner of picked to be laughed at by farangs and Thais?) EVERY NIGHT TO 1:30 AM OR AFTER. Rich guy "I do not f.... care about you or your school age children wanting to do something like SLEEP" while he makes lots of MONEY at his business ... the greatest example I personally know that exemplifies disrespect for others, in Chiang Mai. (The place could make it on food and bar if the noise was contained .... I actually like eating there and sometimes having some fairly good wines before 9:00 pm.)

The community has tried to organize and appeal to authorities .... even the part of the government that claims to fight corruption .... we will see if the bar ever changes by building a structure that is sound proof to separate the DISRESPECTFUL drunken off-key noise from the public that finds itself within 120 DB noise distance ... like get a clue? It is 100% up to the anti-corruption officials. Are you a gambler?

SO DO NOT BUY .... but, if logic prevails in the absence of "zoning laws" .... it is the best place I personally would like to live here.