Issue with landlady and moving out advice...

angryfarang

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would try to get some fix-it-all man to fix the aircon, then take out everything you put except for the wall because it is a hassle. If it can't be fixed I would leave the new aircon. If something is too big to carry, I would throw it away or give it to a neighbour. You probably put a gate on the wall, I would just sell it to the metal scrappers rather than to have her have it.

In brief, leaving a working air con is fair, but because she has been an <deleted> I wouldn't let her have anything you bought. I certainly would not wait for karma, I prefer my own instant karma.

Thanks again for all the feedback.

I will give her my 30 days notice on Jan 1st. Invite her over and ask if she wants the wall, blinds, aircon, etc. I'm sure something can be sorted out.

Either way, I will walk away and leave the stuff I put in the house. It makes sense.

Good choice – Samui is a small island thumbsup.gif

• Like 2

You have every right to take what's yours. Sounds like you've been the ideal tenant so no need to say anything about it before you leave. Just leave the place in the same state you found it, make sure it's clean and in good shape, then drop the keys off and say 'thanks for everything' with a smile.

She's not your buddy and you've found out through the air con experience that she has no problem trying to screw you over. That stuff is yours so take it.

I would at least take the new air con out and put the old one back in.

And I would do that before I give notice.

Then again she already knows you bought a new one and she has already shown that she is difficult and she therefore will be difficult

once you move out.

people, in the general topics, heading 3# is a section of Thai laws and reg's in English, in it you will find the section of Rental law's, all ez to read and then you will have a leg to stand on, BUT since you will stay on Samui and if you upset this "lady" then maybe soon after you leave your house, you may be missing said leg/s

I am wondering if that old unit can't be fixed, too...Repairmen here have a way of patching things up. Sometimes the people that work at those big stores are useless....they will look at the thing, look at a list of parts online and then say "no have," when in reality, a guy with mechanical knowledge can get it working again. The person in Samsung is only paid to sell you stuff from there and not to think outside the box. The repair guys want to find a fix if possible so they can charge you, and they care (usually) since it is THEIR business. The Samsung employee in a nice white and blue outfit doesn't care if Samsung makes another baht or two from the little part you need.

Just an idea.