left or right

davetrout

thailand want to change to driving on the right hand side of road. For new trade agreement, with the rest of its neighbours. Why dosn't the whole world drive on the left hand side like the first car made many moons ago.Do the same as mighty England and Australia

Similar topic running in news section, however I'll bite. Malaysia, Singapore, Indonesia, Japan, India, Australia and New Zealand in the region all drive on the left, why would Thailand want to change? Chinese influence perhaps? Many American cars were left hand drive until Henry Ford came along. See

http://www.todayifoundout.com/index.php/2010/06/why-some-countries-drive-on-the-right-and-some-countries-drive-on-the-left/

Could it be that some Chinese Minister >suggested> the change to be able to sell all those Chinese cheap small cars in Thailand. This way they would not have to change the steering wheel side and could sell the same car used in China !

Same goes for truck and busses......

I think there may be other areas in transport that should be looked at first, such as law enforcement, constructing roads that don't fall apart after 18 months, possibly lining minibus drivers up against a wall and shooting them 'to encourage the others'.

• Like 2

Similar topic running in news section, however I'll bite. Malaysia, Singapore, Indonesia, Japan, India, Australia and New Zealand in the region all drive on the left, why would Thailand want to change? Chinese influence perhaps? Many American cars were left hand drive until Henry Ford came along. See

http://www.todayifoundout.com/index.php/2010/06/why-some-countries-drive-on-the-right-and-some-countries-drive-on-the-left/

I would suggest they do it gradually in Thailand so people get used to it Make it cars the first week and trucks the next should cut down on the traffic congestion dramatically