Daytona Boots- any experience with them?

They're being sold at Panda Rider, and their top-of-the-line Daytona Security Evo G3 are going for 21,900 baht (600 Euro).

These boots aren't very big in the States, and I can't find much in the way of reviews- from looking at them, I find it hard to believe they're more protective than my Alpinestars Supertech R's or my Sidi Vortice's, and both those boots cost a lot less, and they're regarded as about the best motorcycle boots you can buy- any of you Eurpoean riders have any experience with Daytona Boots? I'm very curious about them.

Boots_daytona_306111.jpg

I have a pair of Daytona Road Star GTX boots, and they are awesome. The build quality is second to none and entirely hand made in Germany.

The fit is extremely comfortable. Daytona is known for comfort and ergonomics in riding, make sure you get the Daytona leather cream, the leather is hydrophobic and the cream will bring the leather back to life when it starts to fade from the sun. Many pro riders use Daytona exclusively for the comfort.

I can wear these with jeans and walk around and go out for the night.

Mah boots:

photo0181.jpg

Edited by KRS1

Daytona also has pretty good servicing options, you can send them in if they ever spring a leak or if they need to be resoled, any repair thats required they can handle, saves money down the road instead of having to buy a new pair.

The craftsmanship is also top notch, when you hold it in your hands you can just tell its a quality boot. Every single double stitching runs exactly parallel to each other.

I say go for it !

^

Not sure I understand that comment- all good boots give excellent range-of-motion on the bike- the top-of-the-line Sidi and Alpinestars boots are basically the same design as used by MotoGP riders- if any reaction time was delayed, they wouldn't be using them, sponsorship or not.

For me, the boots that provide the best torsional ankle protection and reduce the impact force to the knee (the foot hitting the ground and transferring the force upward is actually the number one cause of serious knee injuries) are the best you can wear from a safety perspective- if that means sacrificing comfort off the bike, I think it's a fair trade-off.

Youd be surprised what sponsorship and dollar signs can do ! wink.png

im talking about comfort on the bike, off bike is secondary i have addidas for that.

http://www.visordown.com/forum/general/daytona-boots--anygood/315305.html

But to each their own, if you like the Sidis and think they are doing what your looking for, then why change?

Edited by KRS1

^

I wasn't considering changing- I was considering adding a pair to my gear selection- I also just ordered a pair of SMX-1 boots as I need some shorties.

They're fine on the bike- they're not comfortable walking around.

Well, reading almost nothing but positive reviews (not to say everyone is in love with them) and actually owning the boots, I'll take what are regarded as the most protective boots you can buy. If the Daytonas were more protective I'd consider them, but I agree comfort is secondary- for that much money, I'll stick to what I know (though I have no doubt they're nice boots)- I just thought for 21K there was some safety design I wasn't familiar with- screwing up my ankle is a big worry for me. The Supertech R's are pretty good as well, but they have an inner bootie that tends to warm up quickly off the bike.

http://www.webbikeworld.com/motorcycle-boots/sidi-vortice-boots/

Edited by RubberSideDown