Need help with data packages :S

LaraC

I have been using AIS one-two-call for many years.
I have had no issues and been happy.
However, i recently bought a smart phone and although i signed up for a service with AIS (25 baht a week for access to net hotspots), i dont always have access to the hotspots. So, i end up using a lot of credit on data when i need to use the net. At times i end up using 100's of baht worth of credit so im wondering if im better off choosing a better (or different) data package.
(As an aside, I dont actually use the phone a lot for regular calling. I use it for sms messages and data.)
Any suggestions please?
I tried looking at the options AIS and other network services provide, but its really overwhelming.
Laymans advice would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you.

I guess I'd recommend that you turn mobile data off for now: Settings, Wireless & Networks, More, Mobile networks, un-tick Data enabled.

Without subscribing to some sort of mobile data plan you are paying 1.07 baht/min, so this is eroding your balance.

Next visit AIS and request to port out/port in to their new 2100 MHz subsidiary AWN, and get a new SIM (they can map your existing number to this new SIM).

Then add value and subscribe to a monthly, recurring pre-paid mobile data plan. Maybe try a daily plan to verify coverage, performance and functionality?

This recommendation is based on the assumption that you have AIS/2100 MHz 3G coverage in your primary locations.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/649816-a-i-s-one-2-call-3g-pre-paid-sim-on-2100-mhz-3g-a-review/