Embassy Letter for proof of Income

pompeylad

I may be cutting it all a bit fine with the recent Bangkok troubles but, if I was to present myself and my documentation personally at the UK Embassy in Bangkok, will they still process the letter for next day personal collection?

What about the Austrian consulate here, as mentioned earlier in the thread? Avoiding the riots and traffic seems an excellent reason to try them, and the lower cost cant be bad either.

That was my plan but I just re-read the thread that specifically mentioned the local Austrian legation and someone was told by them that they only do this service only for Austrians and Germans although a Dutchman claimed success more recently.

<edit... just re-read and it's available to Austrians, Germans AND Brits>

At ease!

Edited by NanLaew

I may be cutting it all a bit fine with the recent Bangkok troubles but, if I was to present myself and my documentation personally at the UK Embassy in Bangkok, will they still process the letter for next day personal collection?

What about the Austrian consulate here, as mentioned earlier in the thread? Avoiding the riots and traffic seems an excellent reason to try them, and the lower cost cant be bad either.

That was my plan but I just re-read the thread that specifically mentioned the local Austrian legation and someone was told by them that they only do this service only for Austrians and Germans although a Dutchman claimed success more recently.

<edit... just re-read and it's available to Austrians, Germans AND Brits>

At ease!

As a Brit i will try the Austrian Embassy at my next renewal. I think their fee is around 1600 which saves nearly 1,000 on the Key Visa option (which is very good i might add).

• 1 month later...

Does anyone know how many months statements the embassy / consulate requires and how many the immigration office might require if they are not satisfied with just a letter?

In my case the embassy accept a letter from my previous employer stating the amount of my pension.

In 9 years Immigration have never asked for anything more than the letter from the embassy.