Hospitals or labs in Chiang Mai to go for testing

watgate

I need to have my blood levels checked on a weekly basis and my Coumadin doseage modified by a doctor if need be. Please, if anyone knows Hospitals or labs in Chiang Mai where I can get this done, it would give me some peace of mind before I depart for Chiang Mai in 2 weeks.

Any number of different options, price will be the discrimanator, all available on a walk in basis:

McCormick Hospital is probably one of the cheapest, results ready in one hour, your choice if you want to consult with dioctor also.

RAM Hospital probably the most expensive, will almost certainly require a consultation with a doctor, results in a couple of hours usually.

Sriphat Hospital, ditto RAM, rseults may take up to a few days, based on the test involved, slightly cheaper than RAM but doctors consultation required (which bumps up the price).

There are other optioons but frankly, one of the above should suit.

Some labs in Chiang Mai: RIA Lab, Path Lab, Lanna Lab

Do all of these meet ISO testing standards?

I can confirm you don't need a doctor consultation to use the lab for McCormick and Ram, but I would say the same applies to Sriphat no?

McCormick sent my testosterone to Lanna Lab. Another poster mentioned that PathLab costs the same as RAM now.

Can anyone say which hospital/lab has the necessary equipment to check everything inhouse without sending samples off to other places, as well as being reasonably priced?

I can confirm you don't need a doctor consultation to use the lab for McCormick and Ram, but I would say the same applies to Sriphat no?

McCormick sent my testosterone to Lanna Lab. Another poster mentioned that PathLab costs the same as RAM now.

Can anyone say which hospital/lab has the necessary equipment to check everything inhouse without sending samples off to other places, as well as being reasonably priced?

Rajavtj one of the sponsors here. My doctor sends all my blood work to them. If it is Wharfin or one of those super duper blood thinners you can get it done cheap at a building just on the east side of Sriphat. No doctor but a result in less than an hour and they will call you with it. Sorry can not be more precise with directions.

No lab in CM has the capability to undertake all tests, some are shipped off to Bangkok and take seven days.

An A1C test at Sriphat takes seven days because they seem to use an external lab at CMU, McCormick turns that test around in one hour.

My experience is that McCormick can handle the majority of tests and is certainly the cheapest, that is not to say that can handle every test thrown at them but in their defense, very few can. My experience of blood tests at Rajavej is that they are more expensive than at McCormick and take longer.

An A1C test at Sriphat takes seven days because they seem to use an external lab at CMU, McCormick turns that test around in one hour.

Great to know, I plan to check A1C along with a bunch of others things such as CRC, Lipid Profile, Liver Function Test, TSH Profile. I was thinking Sriphat but I saw quite a lot of people on the 13th floor when I went there a year or two ago to inquire, not sure what they are waiting for blood tests or a doctor.

McCormick I was in an out for blood work in 5 minutes.

Are any of these tests below possible in McCormick or other places in Chiang Mai?

Vit B2 (Cobalamin)

Folate Acid

Homocysteine

Methylmalon Acid

25-Hydroxy Vitamin D (great summary here for bangkok)

Great to know, I plan to check A1C along with a bunch of others things such as CRC, Lipid Profile, Liver Function Test, TSH Profile. I was thinking Sriphat but I saw quite a lot of people on the 13th floor when I went there a year or two ago to inquire, not sure what they are waiting for blood tests or a doctor.

McCormick I was in an out for blood work in 5 minutes.

Are any of these tests below possible in McCormick or other places in Chiang Mai?

Vit B2 (Cobalamin)

Folate Acid

Homocysteine

Methylmalon Acid

25-Hydroxy Vitamin D (great summary here for bangkok)

Just a quick check of MT Lab's catalog and I see all those tests except for Methylmalonic acid.

So probably most places offer those tests.

For some of them there are multiple choices about whether its testing RBC's, serum etc.