Forum upgrade in progress! ×

Credit card and Kasikorn

I tought I gave it a try again yesterday...

tried to get a credit card with Kasikorn

no Workpermit, so you can think of the hasstle...

money in the bank with them, more than enough, you would think

customer for years & years, never withdrawels except some interest then give you ....

yesterday, she wanted to "give" me one, but asked for a bank insurance scheme or scam.... I could get a CC if i signed to save 200.000+ YEARLY for 5-15 years locked away ...

I said, you know my history, I just need a CC with 50.000 to 100.000 baht available so I can order stuff from the internet or an airplane ticket (can you even buy one with just cash ???)

• Like 1

Coincidence, I did the same thing yesterday ...

I went to the Kasikorn Bank at the Big C Extra here in Pattaya Khlang to apply for a WEB shopping card (I already had their VISA debit card).

Since I already had the debit card I was automatically eligible for the shopping card without any paperwork.

One of the staff helped me on the ATM outside (but it is so easy I could have done it alone on any of their ATM without even going to the Bank).

I received an sms a few minutes later stating that my shopping card was active.

If I understood correctly this shopping card has no daily limit, the only limit is the amount available on my account.

I can now use it directly on the internet but for more security I signed up a new Paypal account with my new Kasikorn shopping card .

I am a tourist, I come many times to Thailand but never for more than three weeks so I don't have a visa nor an address (I stay in hotels)

I totally agrree with you, everything is so easy with Kasikorn.

Eric

http://www.dramaix.com

Edited by Ericx_25

yesterday, she wanted to "give" me one, but asked for a bank insurance scheme or scam.... I could get a CC if i signed to save 200.000+ YEARLY for 5-15 years locked away ...

Am I hearing your correctly...they wanted you to make a secure (locked) deposit of 200K baht for "5 to 15 years?" I can understand the baht amount but the time period seems a tad excessive unless they figured you wanted to maintain the card for a long time period without changing the secured deposit...like rolling it over to a higher interest paying locked deposit. I just looked at the K-bank website and didn't see any fixed deposit for longer than 5 years. Maybe the 15 year bit is a little bit of an exaggeration or a English-Thai miscommunication? But regardless any money placed in a secured deposit to obtain a credit card will be given back/unlocked as soon as you cancel the card and pay any outstanding balance...and if doing so before the fixed account matured (assuming the locked deposit was in a fixed account) you would lose a good chunk to possibly all of the interest earned.

every time my wife gets a new credit card (which is often as its very important to have one in every colour to match her dress/bag/shoes) she signs up to some useless insurance scheme... the bank clerk probably didn't give you the card because she was confused why you didn't take the insurance scheme (and didn't know how to deal with such a case) as every Thai customer just says ok and signs the contract... zombies

Of course you can't buy airline tickets on line with the Web Shopping Card as you have to produce it at the airport! Also some hotel require you to produce the CC you paid with :-(

I am considering buying airline tickets with my Web shopping card.

I will show it at the airport I don't see your point

Edited by Ericx_25

Of course you can't buy airline tickets on line with the Web Shopping Card as you have to produce it at the airport! Also some hotel require you to produce the CC you paid with :-(

Many airlines advise that the actual card used to make the booking must be shown at check in and obviously you cannot do this with a virtual card, also a number of airlines specifically exclude virtual cards like the web shopping card.

Whilst I have not been asked to produce a card every time I have checked in, I have never been asked by Air Asia for instance, I have been asked more often than not.

An alternative is a Kasikorn Debit Card, they can have your name embossed and can be set up for online purchases.

Many airlines advise that the actual card used to make the booking must be shown at check in and obviously you cannot do this with a virtual card, also a number of airlines specifically exclude virtual cards like the web shopping card.

Whilst I have not been asked to produce a card every time I have checked in, I have never been asked by Air Asia for instance, I have been asked more often than not.

An alternative is a Kasikorn Debit Card, they can have your name embossed and can be set up for online purchases.

Kasikorn web shopping cards are not virtual cards, there are VISA cards that you can use on the net.

They have a "standard" credit card number on them, the VISA logo, an expiration date and even the 3 digits at the back.

Your name is not written on them though.

But I don't think it is a problem.

I think airline companies (like Thai airways) want you to show the card that was used for the transaction.

I am going to ask the Thai airways office here in Pattaya to have a confirmation. I will let you guys know.

Edited by Ericx_25

You can use it for airline tickets.. I do it quite often.. Also when paying bills online it will just process through the system to look like a debit card.

Sent from my iPhone using ThaiVisa app

Kasikorn web shopping cards are not virtual cards, there are VISA cards that you can use on the net.

They have a "standard" credit card number on them, the VISA logo, an expiration date and even the 3 digits at the back.

Your name is not written on them though.

But I don't think it is a problem.

I think airline companies (like Thai airways) want you to show the card that was used for the transaction.

I am going to ask the Thai airways office here in Pattaya to have a confirmation. I will let you guys know.

The web based shopping card is just a number, there is no card, so no front and back, it is as I have described a virtual card, nothing physical at all.

If you read this fully KWebShopping you will see in the second bullet point "Within 24 hours, you will be provided a 16-digit card number, CVV number and card expiry date via K-Cyber Banking", and near the end, "When K-Web Shopping Card number is issued, KBank will send an e-mail to notify you to check your Web Card details at K-Cyber Banking".

Alternatively, as I have mentioned, you can get a physical Debit Card which does have a front and a back, and can have your name embossed on it, you then register for InternetshoppingbyKDebit and you can buy airline tickets online and have a card to show at check in, if required.

You can use it for airline tickets.. I do it quite often.. Also when paying bills online it will just process through the system to look like a debit card.

How do you get round the requirement of, of some airlines, who require sight of the card used to purchase the flight tickets when you check in?